Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Kaze no Stigma Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm



Kaze no Stigma




When I picked this little title up at Best Buy for under $20, I didn't think it was gonna be that good. Turns out I was right; only it's not awful. Just generic.

Kaze no Stigma tells the story of a handsome young man named Kazuma Yagami (formerly Kannagi), who was exiled by his own family because he was not only weak (being defeated by Ayano Kannagi, who I will introduced later...), but a wind user. This family consists of fire users who are quite full of themselves. They even treat their allied wind clan like slaves, even if the head of the family disagrees with their actions.

Cut to years later where Kazuma becomes a total no-seller. No, I'm not kidding, his skills as a wind user have grown so strong that he defeats his own father. Not the best feat to accomplish in the middle of a murder investigation, that Kazuma is being blamed for. That was the major storyline for the beginning of the series.

We also get to meet Ayano Kannagi, a very angry girl with the powers of flames. An Enjutsushi who wields the mighty blade "Enraiha" that she rightfully earned years ago by defeated Kazuma. You could say Ayano is the Naru Narusegawa or shakugan no shana's Shana of the series. She's loud, obnoxious, arrogant and talks while she eats. /;^;/ COMRADE! Underneath is all, she is a good person with the best of intentions to maintain honor within the Kannagi family.

So far in the episodes I've seen, her trust in Kazuma continues to grow and is obviously in love with him. There are some pretty good battles in this anime, nothing to tell your children someday, still it's an entertaining joyride. If the series is smart, they were expose more weaknesses for Kazuma and set Ayano on a path that will make her stronger than before. Her skills are great, she just needs polish. That includes that attitude of hers; which sucks albeit hilarious.

When it's over, I'll give it a proper rating. I do like what I see, trouble is I've seen it all before.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by depression76 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Ah I've watched this before on Hulu. it's a rather great anime, though the animation's off on a few episodes. The anime ended halfway through the story, and the rest are in light novel forms.

Too bad the novelist died before he could finish off the story...>>

_________________



:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::




depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Posts : 6131
Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 26
Location : Haven, Remnant

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by hildebrant on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:26 pm

depression76 wrote:Ah I've watched this before on Hulu. it's a rather great anime, though the animation's off on a few episodes. The anime ended halfway through the story, and the rest are in light novel forms.

Too bad the novelist died before he could finish off the story...>>

The same thing happened with the author of the Trinity blood series, its why we're only getting an anime and manga, not to say that the anime wasn't something I truly loved and adored though.

As for Kaze no Stigma, I've looked into it and sorry but Kazuma sounds like the only character I could like, I've seen so many tsundere's over the years that I'm pretty tired of the trope

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Posts : 644
Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 33
Location : The sunken City of R'Lyehh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:11 pm

@ Deppeh:

Yeah, I read about that. ^^; Am I destined to be pissed off by a cliffhanger ending that will never be resolved?! XD

@Hildebrant:

I'm giving the character of Ayano the benefit of the doubt since she is developing slowly (on disc 2 now). Tsundere are a dime a dozen, no doubt about that. o.o



There's a lot of untapped potential for this kid, she just needs to drop the cockiness and take all her opponents seriously. No matter how strong or weak.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by depression76 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:25 am

hildebrant wrote:
The same thing happened with the author of the Trinity blood series, its why we're only getting an anime and manga, not to say that the anime wasn't something I truly loved and adored though.

As for Kaze no Stigma, I've looked into it and sorry but Kazuma sounds like the only character I could like, I've seen so many tsundere's over the years that I'm pretty tired of the trope

Yea, and it's a shame too, Trinity Blood is one awesome masterpiece. But if I'm not wrong, TB's being continued by a close friend of the author at the moment.

Kaze no stigma is an awesome anime with great characters, you know once you get past the general skim-over phase xD Kazuma is the best, in my opinion too, coz he rocks so hard with that Wind power of his. But then again, I get what you mean with being tired of the tsundere trope. The first time I watched it, Ayano annoys me as well, but as the anime goes on, she mellowed a bit that you'd forget that she's really annoying in the first place. Give it a try sometimes xD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Yeah, I read about that. ^^; Am I destined to be pissed off by a cliffhanger ending that will never be resolved?! XD

YES YOU ARE xDD The anime ended on a cliffhanger that well, it'll get you frustrated at first Nina Wang I remember angsting out because of not knowing the ending andddd knowing that no one translated the light novel that continued where the anime left off from just...adds more angst into it.

_________________



:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::




depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Posts : 6131
Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 26
Location : Haven, Remnant

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by hildebrant on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 pm

depression76 wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
The same thing happened with the author of the Trinity blood series, its why we're only getting an anime and manga, not to say that the anime wasn't something I truly loved and adored though.

As for Kaze no Stigma, I've looked into it and sorry but Kazuma sounds like the only character I could like, I've seen so many tsundere's over the years that I'm pretty tired of the trope

Yea, and it's a shame too, Trinity Blood is one awesome masterpiece. But if I'm not wrong, TB's being continued by a close friend of the author at the moment.

Kaze no stigma is an awesome anime with great characters, you know once you get past the general skim-over phase xD Kazuma is the best, in my opinion too, coz he rocks so hard with that Wind power of his. But then again, I get what you mean with being tired of the tsundere trope. The first time I watched it, Ayano annoys me as well, but as the anime goes on, she mellowed a bit that you'd forget that she's really annoying in the first place. Give it a try sometimes xD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Yeah, I read about that. ^^; Am I destined to be pissed off by a cliffhanger ending that will never be resolved?! XD

YES YOU ARE xDD The anime ended on a cliffhanger that well, it'll get you frustrated at first Nina Wang I remember angsting out because of not knowing the ending andddd knowing that no one translated the light novel that continued where the anime left off from just...adds more angst into it.


Well good to hear that Trinity Blood is being continued, hopefully someone will pick up the new versions and distribute them over here too. I'm also glad to see someone else is on my side on Team Kazuya. Okay I'll give it a shot if I can find it for the same good price Luu found it for. Probably gonna have to hit up Amazon at some point given how sparse the anime is on my usual haunts.

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Posts : 644
Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 33
Location : The sunken City of R'Lyehh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 am

As promised, my final thoughts on Kaze no Stigma. I finished the series (that was fast!) and honestly, it left a sour taste in my mouth.

The strange Pandemonium arc came to close with Kazuma searching for the man responsible for murdering his then-girlfriend, Tsui-Ling. Not only that, Bernhardt even resorted to creating a clone of Tsui-Ling named Lapis.

Entering berserk evil mode, Kazuma begins his search by taking out everyone in his path; including the beautiful Catherine (American girls in anime. <333 ). Ayano steps up her game with the Crimson Flame (which btw, she summoned without realizing it) and defeats Dark Kazuma. This felt rewarding in two different ways:

1. Ayano defeated an evil Kazuma.

2. Ayano COULD of destroyed Good Kazuma if she wanted, but she curved the Crimson blast on purpose.

With Kazuma back to normal; him, Ayano and Ren head over to take on Bernhardt, only to discover he's M.I.A. Huh? Bailing on a final battle? How rare. Instead, the trio are left to deal with a powerful devil demon who is about to be summoned in Central Park. Kazuma mentions he cannot defeat this all powerful devil god, even with his Contractor powers at full. Buuuut...

"IF WE WORK TOGETHER, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

-.- Oy vey. This devil god is a massive one, only his hand is seen during the final battle. The three fire everything they've got at him to send him packing where he came from. This wasn't a fight, more like a confrontation. It was Holy Grail Sailor Moon and Sailor Saturn vs. Pharaoh 90 all over again, only not as epic. At least Pharaoh 90 was an actual God, this thing was taken down by three beings who are supposed to be radically INFERIOR to it. Again, Kazuma clearly states:

"Even with the full power of the Contractor, I am no match for him."

So with Ayano's help and an inexperienced Ren, you're magically stronger? Ugh.

Here comes the dirty part of this finale. With the devil god finally gone; Bernhardt shows up to finish the job? Kazuma states his energy is spent and cannot fight any longer. Looks like they're screwed now....wait....huh? You're going to leave him be?! WHY!? YOU HAVE HIM RIGHT WHERE YOU WANT HIM!!! DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM THIS!

And get this guys; the asswipe makes this victory even more bittersweet by having Lapis tell Kazuma what Tsui-Ling said before she died.



FUCKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

So Bernhardt and Lapis escape scott free, Kazuma and Ayano settle their differences and accept each other's feelings....sorta, and everyone lives happily ever after. Not. ^^;

Overall, Kaze no Stigma is just generic. It's not bad, it's one of those introductory anime. Easy to understand, not too complex and moves at a decent pace. It's structure is just way off and understandably (thanks to the behind-the-scenes information provided by Deppeh) , it ends loosely.

Next time, add more Nanase x Yukari yuri or nude scenes for Kirika-sama. <3

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 am

Double posting for a very good reason:





KIRIKA-SAMA!!!~ kawaiidesuplz

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Defiant on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 am

Hey, I watched this alongside Mai-HiME (and Macross Frontier)! That was hell of a week :)

Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 259
Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Pilsen - the Czech capitol of beer

View user profile http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Defiant wrote:Hey, I watched this alongside Mai-HiME (and Macross Frontier)! That was hell of a week :)

Don't you normally have anime marathons? :)

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Defiant on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Defiant wrote:Hey, I watched this alongside Mai-HiME (and Macross Frontier)! That was hell of a week :)

Don't you normally have anime marathons? :)

No usually not, demand for crisps goes too high at those weeks :)

Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 259
Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83
Join date : 2011-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Pilsen - the Czech capitol of beer

View user profile http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaze no Stigma Discussion

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:30 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum