Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by Bluholic711 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 pm

I also have mixed feelings about the finale.
I don't think it will live up to the original but it was a good show.
The avatar state seemed rushed as well as the whole KorraxMako fling.
I also felt that Bolin should have been used more, for the action.

And how they approached the fenceless trap? FAILURE!

Something tells me that Asami and Mako haven't offically broke off their relationship.

Legand of Korra is good, but there should've been more episodes this season.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4581
Armitage GUTS!!! : 620

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by depression76 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Ah. those three girls already covered whatever I want to say ^^

The unlocking, the romance, the avatar state....meh. Too rushed.

But other than that, what awed me were the fighting scenes. When Gen. Iroh's fleet arrives in the Republic city and explosions went off. And when they've got steam punk planes coming outta nowhere. Gen. Iroh firebending against the friggin pilots! And most of all, Aang's brief appearance xDD

I suppose they can do better....but it's okay I guess. They can do worse ^^

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm surprised Korra didn't activate the avatar state when Amon nearly took her bending away. Amon should have stayed the antagonoist. He was too bad-ass to die!

I'm hoping for a troll villian this time. I have speulation of the second season though I doubt it will actually happen.

I still ship BolinxKorra! I don't care if She settled with Mako! It's a rushed relationship waiting to crumble down! :x

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm

depression76 wrote:Ah. those three girls already covered whatever I want to say ^^

The unlocking, the romance, the avatar state....meh. Too rushed.

But other than that, what awed me were the fighting scenes. When Gen. Iroh's fleet arrives in the Republic city and explosions went off. And when they've got steam punk planes coming outta nowhere. Gen. Iroh firebending against the friggin pilots! And most of all, Aang's brief appearance xDD

I suppose they can do better....but it's okay I guess. They can do worse ^^

Oh! I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed Gen. Iroh's kick ass fighting! And of course he would end up face to face with the Aang statue :)

If there's something I really enjoy about the Avatar series' it's the fight scenes. They're pretty much always awesome.

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Yes, fight scenes are fluid and well animated!

Thumbs up for Iroh jr.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 am

i'm a bit late here... but oh well...

i can't be bothered reading the entire thread xD but i am thoroughly impressed with LoK. i think all the characters are pretty fantastic in their own way, and i've bene LOVING the bending battles. when the gloves come off and the full on battles take place it seriously gives me goosebumps, it's so epic xD

i was originally wtfing at the new Iroh having Zuko's voice, but in all honesty, it actually works rather well.

i for one liked the way that the Avatar State was unlocked for Korra. i was originally thinking it was a bit quick, but it was an excellent way to end the first season. i'm now intrigued as to what season 2 has to offer.

and, i know Tarlok was an evil dude, but after what he explained to Korra and Mako, i completely understand why he did what he did. and when he blew up Noahtak (spelling?) and himself, i think that was an epic scene with a lot of sentiment in it.

all in all, i loved every second of the first season, and i CAN'T WAIT for the 2nd season!!!!!

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm

This fanart of Asami really got my juices going...

All those curves and me with no brakes. giggity giggity giggity giggity

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 pm

I just finished watching this awesome series and I can say that I enjoyed it.
Although, I feel it was a bit rushed at the last chapters. I think this could have been a very well developed series in 24 episodes.

I loved Korra, she was a great Avatar. What I loved the most of her, were her eyes. :3

What I didn't like too much was Mako. The typical dude that can't choose one girl......his relation with Korra was very much rushed.
Also I'd have preferred some KorrAsami action. :3 That would have been awesome, and a nice twist to this type of series.

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:01 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:This fanart of Asami really got my juices going...

All those curves and me with no brakes. giggity giggity giggity giggity

Takeda

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:
What I didn't like too much was Mako. The typical dude that can't choose one girl......his relation with Korra was very much rushed.
Also I'd have preferred some KorrAsami action. :3 That would have been awesome, and a nice twist to this type of series.

I like Mako, he just doesn't have any depth to him. Romance shouldn't even exist in the first season, that comes way later when the stakes get higher and the characters know each other better. Fast attraction in fiction equals shallowness.

At least with KorrAsami, I'm enjoying something that COULD of been. :'3

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 pm

I agree Luu.
With KorrAsami there are so many WHAT IFs.....

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:46 am

Not a fan of the show. Haven't tried watching it yet either. But have you guys seen this? I think you'll like it! cookie

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:42 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Not a fan of the show. Haven't tried watching it yet either. But have you guys seen this? I think you'll like it! cookie

The second everybody appeared on screen doing their..."thang"...I laughed so hard. Bo Lin and Amon's antics were the best. XD Take that, you bastard. Nobody messes with the Maria Graceburt of the Korra-verse.

Korra chibi

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:10 pm

bump 

The Legend of Korra - Book 2 Trailer

OMG YES!!!!! Korra chibi 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:05 pm

They're showing it even on local TV now. :)

franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2130
Armitage GUTS!!! : 257

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:16 pm

kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz kawaiidesuplz 

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:31 am

I know just how you feel, Neko! Is it just me or has the animation improved a lot! I've never seen Asami look this beautiful before and that's saying a lot! Korra chibi

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 pm

The animation has been upgraded a great deal! I can't wait to see Book 2.
Although, I will bypass the lovey-dovey couple that is Makorra.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:53 pm

In my opinion, Book 2 will separate Makorra for reasons concerning Korra's training. She'll have duties to fulfill (especially with our new enemy), realizing Mako gets in the way. It's the perfect opportunity to have Korra spend more time with Bo and Asami, so Mako can angst away on his own. Asami and Bo are generally more supportive Korra, so it can work.

I wish I were writing the show. >_< Though remember, I was one of the few who didn't mind the love triangle from Book 1. The pacing of The Legend of Korra was very good, no episode felt slow or jumbled. What happens was that they decided that Korra should have feelings for the absolute worst person you could ship her with. If Korra x Asami doesn't come to fruition, Bolin would be perfect.

I concur on the animation. It's gorgeous. Korra chibi 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:57 pm

I'd enjoy it a lot more if Mako just goes moping about how Korra left him and Korra grows much more without him. Basically, watch him suffer... XD

And what would made my day would be official KorrAsami!! *A*/

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:00 am

shezaei-neko wrote:I'd enjoy it a lot more if Mako just goes moping about how Korra left him and Korra grows much more without him. Basically, watch him suffer... XD

And what would made my day would be official KorrAsami!! *A*/
Mako is just wrong for Korra altogether. At first I was kind of behind him, until he broke Asami's heart in such a harsh way. My take on it would be, as you said, Korra growing on her own as the Avatar. No longer needing Mako beyond just a friend, if he even deserves that.

\*A* If only, dude.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:03 am

To which lady fumi/goddess do I have to offer sacrifices for it to happen?

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 am

What about Bolin? Think he'll find somebody his taste?

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:13 am

shezaei-neko wrote:To which lady fumi/goddess do I have to offer sacrifices for it to happen?
To them all. With any luck, Mako might be killed off in Book 2. Mikoto Minagi

@Blu: Again, Bolin could hook up with Korra next. Realistically, I have a feeling he might end up with Asami. Call it a hunch. Korra rasp 

Honestly, I have no problem with that. It's not the lesbian romance we wanted, but Bolin IS a good person and the most realistic guy in the main cast. He's just a normal doofus like me. ^^; We're not major hotties like Ryan Gosling, but you can always count on us.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:16 am

What they did to poor Bolin in episode 5 was disgusting!
He is my favorite character thus far, especially Asami.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top