Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by hildebrant on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:06 am

WolvenBane08 wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

You're quite the Azula fangirl aren't you?

She turned me gay. Or at least made me come to terms with my inherent gayness. XDD

never would have known that. The only things I learned from the characters of Avatar is mostly Zuko in that you will indeed struggle in life at all times.

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Join the KORRA NATION! [Legend of Korra/Avatar The Last Airbender Discussion Thread]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 10, 2012 11:50 pm

WolvenBane08 wrote:Wow, vanish for a bit and the thread takes off!
*is pleased with self*

Anyway, Luu. If it's a strong female character your looking for in A:TLA, try starting at Season 2. Normally, I don't suggest this...but I'll make exceptions every now and then.
Though, to be fair, Katara does grow a backbone in the last few episodes of Season One. And goes all ninja with Zuzu during Season Three.
But, as far as the Gaang is concerned, Toph is the badass fuck-you-I'm-doing-my-own-damn-thing character.

And, of course, Ozai's Angels make their entrance in Season Two. Can't get much more fierce than Azula.

((I would absolutely LOVE to see Zula in LOK. But I think she might be dead. Sad.))

I'll give it a shot sometime, Jenna. Maybe I'll have a better opinion of Avatar if I watch certain episodes. For now, I am so content with Korra. Just got my girlfriend into it recently and she is already a wishful Korra x Asami shipper. XD

Boy, seeing Mako get all lovey dovey for Asami was so hilarious in that OOC type way. Mako is just a big dork like me. XD As for Asami...Jiminy crickets! is she gorgeous or what? I'm curious as to what they have planned for her character; hoping she's more than just a rich daughter and a Fire Ferrets fangirl. :)

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 pm

the only thing I can say about Asami is that they based her appearance off of Lust from Full Metal Alchemist, and yeah given how there are almost no one dimensional characters in the Avatar world, here's hoping they do reveal more about her

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri May 11, 2012 12:14 am

hildebrant wrote:the only thing I can say about Asami is that they based her appearance off of Lust from Full Metal Alchemist, and yeah given how there are almost no one dimensional characters in the Avatar world, here's hoping they do reveal more about her

The Avatar universe is inspired by a lot of anime series and motion pictures. Episode one of Korra alone was filled with Miyazaki inspired images that we grew up with. I'm glad you brought up Lust as she is my favorite character from FMA, so you can imagine how much of an impact Asami made on me with her looks alone. haha. Mako is lucky to be hitting that.

Korra rasp : No.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:the only thing I can say about Asami is that they based her appearance off of Lust from Full Metal Alchemist, and yeah given how there are almost no one dimensional characters in the Avatar world, here's hoping they do reveal more about her

The Avatar universe is inspired by a lot of anime series and motion pictures. Episode one of Korra alone was filled with Miyazaki inspired images that we grew up with. I'm glad you brought up Lust as she is my favorite character from FMA, so you can imagine how much of an impact Asami made on me with her looks alone. haha. Mako is lucky to be hitting that.

Korra rasp : No.

The Miyazaki references go way deeper than you'd believe. Appa Aang's sky bison was inspired by the Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro, one of the Spirit creatures, known as Hei Bai that first takes on the form of a Panda bear, and later has a black and white multi armed monstrous form was based off of one of the Angels from Evangelion. speaking of EVA, King Bumi's hunched over pose with his mouth constantly hanging open was also inspired by a pose EVA Unit 01 was most well known for. Finally Jet the Freedom Fighter was supposedly inspired by Spike from Cowboy Bebop but to me he's more along the lines of Mugen from Samurai Champloo. And knowing how big a fans the two creators of this series are, I imagined they're pretty geeked to have Spike and mugen's Voice Actor Stephen Blum on board to voice the masked Amon.

Though I imagine this isn't his first outing voicing an enigmatic, masked figure who opposes the main characters, coughsDarciafromwolf'sraincoughs

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 pm

So....I watched it...and...I'm totally hooked XD

Gotta say, since I was a big fan of the original series, I wasn't expecting it to win me over quite so quickly, though the constant throw backs to the original characters and their descendants probably helped a lot. (Lin made my day, since Toph was my favourite from A:TLA...makes me wonder who the father was though...XD)

Tenzin is pure win to me, I love his little outbursts XD And his facial expressions when he does have an outburst. "Don't bring my mother into this!" XD

While things feel a bit rushed, due to the amount of episodes they have to play with, I'm finding that I don't really mind. Korra is an awesome character, and very different to Aang, which is important. I'm liking Mako and Bolin too, who remind me of Zuko and Sokka respectively XD And it goes without saying that I like Asami ;D

Anyway...I need MOAR! XP

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:27 am

Tarrlok got what he deserved. :3

So the latest episodes of The Legend of Korra proved to be quite exhilarating for me. Continuing the storyline of "Team Avatar" against Amon's Equalists, Korra gets better and better with each episode. Notably the action sequences. I'd love to see a rematch with Team Avatar against Asami father's platinum mecha bots in the near future. As you can guess from my throw away spoiler/s, Korra and company have more to worry about than Amon. I look forward to the 10th episode this Saturday. Haven't had a chance to comment on any of the episodes lately thanks to my busy life, but I have been catching up!

Now for picture gallery time! Ever been swept by a KorrAsami Tsunami? I have. :3

And then there was this...

Spoiler:

My god.

---
Chief Beifong. Kicking ass and not caring about names.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Miss Maria : Me in the Korraverse. Oh it's real. It's damn real.

Lin Beifong has risen to legend status on a series that JUST made it to double digits. Surprised? I'm not. Lin may not be my favorite character even after the events of episode 10 (I'm still stuck on Korra herself, sorry!) but damn. You know, just because your personalities don't mix, it doesn't mean you cannot love one another. And I think Lin did, and still hasn't gotten over Tenzin. Previously she claimed that protecting Republic City was all she cared about. That was all that mattered to her, and why shouldn't it? She didn't have Tenzin anymore, and she never COULD have him again, and she knew it. The woman threw herself into her career and her image as a cold, unapproachable authority figure and shoved Tenzin away. But then she found herself stuck with him again, with his family, and they're all fleeing for their lives from that asshole Amon, and she knows they're not getting away. So what does she do? Lin suicide dives into enemy ships, knowing full well that she could lose her bending or die. Tenzin let her go.

o_o THE DRAMA.

Brilliant when you look at it from a storyline perspective and what what you yourself would of done in their shoes. I wouldn't have been able to respect Tenzin anymore if he went after Lin, someone who he no doubt still cares for deeply (not in a romantic way anymore, but in a close friend way) and relies on, throwing his wife and four young children into certain disaster. A lesson could be learned from what happened to Tenzin and Lin. Foreshadowing the possible future for our main heroes Korra and Mako (throw in Asami for obvious reasons). The woman went out like a BOSS with heartbreaking results. Lin gave up everything, in the end for Tenzin.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Miss Maria : Me in the Korraverse. Oh it's real. It's damn real.

Lin Beifong has risen to legend status on a series that JUST made it to double digits. Surprised? I'm not. Lin may not be my favorite character even after the events of episode 10 (I'm still stuck on Korra herself, sorry!) but damn. You know, just because your personalities don't mix, it doesn't mean you cannot love one another. And I think Lin did, and still hasn't gotten over Tenzin. Previously she claimed that protecting Republic City was all she cared about. That was all that mattered to her, and why shouldn't it? She didn't have Tenzin anymore, and she never COULD have him again, and she knew it. The woman threw herself into her career and her image as a cold, unapproachable authority figure and shoved Tenzin away. But then she found herself stuck with him again, with his family, and they're all fleeing for their lives from that asshole Amon, and she knows they're not getting away. So what does she do? Lin suicide dives into enemy ships, knowing full well that she could lose her bending or die. Tenzin let her go.

o_o THE DRAMA.

Brilliant when you look at it from a storyline perspective and what what you yourself would of done in their shoes. I wouldn't have been able to respect Tenzin anymore if he went after Lin, someone who he no doubt still cares for deeply (not in a romantic way anymore, but in a close friend way) and relies on, throwing his wife and four young children into certain disaster. A lesson could be learned from what happened to Tenzin and Lin. Foreshadowing the possible future for our main heroes Korra and Mako (throw in Asami for obvious reasons). The woman went out like a BOSS with heartbreaking results. Lin gave up everything, in the end for Tenzin.

Hear Hear! This was literally the moment for me in this series that made me just go: 'OW my heart D:' There was this moment where Lin just knew if she stayed on the bison with them they'd never make it. And she just looked at these kids and Pema and just saw everything that she didn't get. She saw what she could have had with Tenzin. But she let it go. So didn't let them all go down together.

She sacrificed herself and finally let go of Tenzin. And damn did she go out in style. She did her mother proud. And that moment before her bending got taken away? She accepted it. She closed her eyes, relished that last moment with her bending and then it was gone.

Lin is a badass to the extreme. She wins all my awards. and Asami is right after her for putting up with all of Mako's BS and still kicking ass despite that.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 pm

so I'm guessing everyone hates Mako now?

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Just like what Luu and Kona said, Lin Beifong goes out like a hero. I like how she was able to kick ass and destroy a blimp before they caught her. Honestly, even though her bending's taken, I doubt that will stop her from kicking ass. That woman doesn't seem like the type to fall into a slump if she hit a brick wall...but we'll have to see.

And to be honest, I really hate the romance aspect of the series. It came too early and too much that it's starting to affect the whole team work. Mako, most of all, needs to sort his priorities straight. Take Korra and Bolin for example, they've pretty much made peace with the so-called 'love triangle' and things would have been left that way if Mako hasn't been freaking out during Korra's capture >_<

Now that a crack has appeared in the team, me and blu were talking about it the other day, Asami might leave the team and side with her dad instead. You know how teenagers are so...twitchy about love. But I hope it won't get that far. Seriously, this romance thingy is so not needed >_< do it after you get back Republic City yo!

@hilde : I don't know about the others, but my respect of him lowered in the last few episodes I've watched :/

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm

depression76 wrote:Just like what Luu and Kona said, Lin Beifong goes out like a hero. I like how she was able to kick ass and destroy a blimp before they caught her. Honestly, even though her bending's taken, I doubt that will stop her from kicking ass. That woman doesn't seem like the type to fall into a slump if she hit a brick wall...but we'll have to see.

And to be honest, I really hate the romance aspect of the series. It came too early and too much that it's starting to affect the whole team work. Mako, most of all, needs to sort his priorities straight. Take Korra and Bolin for example, they've pretty much made peace with the so-called 'love triangle' and things would have been left that way if Mako hasn't been freaking out during Korra's capture >_<

Now that a crack has appeared in the team, me and blu were talking about it the other day, Asami might leave the team and side with her dad instead. You know how teenagers are so...twitchy about love. But I hope it won't get that far. Seriously, this romance thingy is so not needed >_< do it after you get back Republic City yo!

@hilde : I don't know about the others, but my respect of him lowered in the last few episodes I've watched :/

just wanted to confirm what I suspcted

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:33 pm

hildebrant wrote:just wanted to confirm what I suspcted

What about your opinion of him in the last few episodes? I want to see what a Mako fan would say :o

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:38 pm

my opinion usually leads to a bunch of people pissed off at me but here goes. He can't choose between two girls and everyone so far just hates him but that could get far far worse. This sounds eerily familiar to me but I won't bring up old ghosts just yet. Truth be told I've been too busy with work around my house in the mornings to watch the eps and I'm just going by what the folks have been saying about the eps. So now I'm once again liking someone everyone's hating

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 pm

I wouldn't say hate, Hilde. I'd say that the fans are more... disappointed in Mako's actions. To me, Mako is a very diligent young man and is aware of what's going on around him, especially the jealousy Asami is portraying due to his attentions shifting over to Korra rather suddenly.

I can respect that he was worried for Korra when Korra returned, battered and bruised, atop Naga's back, but honestly? What he did was slight overkill. He's not the only one worried about her; Tenzin is Korra's second father basically. I would've preferred it if it were Tenzin, or even better, Bolin(what happened to his crush on Korra, anyway?) who had carried her onto the Air Bison and told everyone to give her breathing space. The writers are focusing a little too much on romance in tLoK; I love the show and it doesn't deter me, but it makes me say "wut?" every now and then. It's rushed romance added in for just drama, although later I'm sure that it'll have purpose.

What Dasher said, too. Asami has my respect for putting up with Mako's actions, and being patient up until now with him. I mean, Korra is her only girl-friend, and if I were in Asami's shoes, I would've snapped at Mako and Korra by now. Asami is a strong young woman.

But back to the subject of Mako. Mako is being, how we call him on Tumblr, a Jerkbender at the moment. He's dancing back and forward between two women, and he thinks that he can have them both. I'm not falling for that "He's just a teenager!" crap, either. Mako has shown us that he's a lot more mature than a teenager for his age. He has been taking care of his little brother, holding down a job (or several) to keep them on their feet, and has secured the title of Team Captain for when the Fire Ferrets were still playing (or anyone, for that matter) pro-bending, something that requires responsibility. The way he is acting now is contradicting how he acted when we first were introduced to him.

When I first met Mako: Okay, this guy is a little bit of an ass towards Korra, but he seems to be pretty cool and reasonable.

What I think of Mako now: STOP STRINGING ASAMI ALONG AND JUST BREAK IT OFF WITH HER!!!! IT'S CAUSING MORE PAIN FOR HER TO DRAG HER ALONG WHILE YOU FLIRT AND MAKE TENDER GESTURES AT KORRA THAN IT IS TO BREAK UP!!! *PTERODACTYL NOISES*

That is how I feel on the subject. I'm really hoping Bryke will make Mako less of a butt, or maybe, just maybe (though I doubt it), make Korra/Asami, Korra/Lin, or Korra/Bolin endgame. Mako is cool, but his actions sure as hell ain't.

Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 822
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Terrific. Well I got nothing. I hope they fix Mako and make him a more likable character in the end but man the way this is all working is enough to turn me off of romance for quite awhile

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Cheshire Katniss wrote:*snip*
What I think of Mako now: STOP STRINGING ASAMI ALONG AND JUST BREAK IT OFF WITH HER!!!! IT'S CAUSING MORE PAIN FOR HER TO DRAG HER ALONG WHILE YOU FLIRT AND MAKE TENDER GESTURES AT KORRA THAN IT IS TO BREAK UP!!! *PTERODACTYL NOISES*

That is how I feel on the subject. I'm really hoping Bryke will make Mako less of a butt, or maybe, just maybe (though I doubt it), make Korra/Asami, Korra/Lin, or Korra/Bolin endgame. Mako is cool, but his actions sure as hell ain't.

Cookies for Kat for voicing out my thoughts >83

cookie

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm

you know I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me in trouble but I just hope they fix Mako later on because I really don't like seeing him bashed

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

hildebrant wrote:you know I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me in trouble but I just hope they fix Mako later on because I really don't like seeing him bashed

Seriously? No one is bashing. If it's bashing it'd be like 'omg he sucks' bla bla bla. We're just voicing out our opinions of him here :3 Mako's a good guy, really, but his attitude as of late didn't get him into our good books. Let's hope he redeem himself in the last 2 episodes.

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:05 pm

hildebrant wrote:you know I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me in trouble but I just hope they fix Mako later on because I really don't like seeing him bashed

No, no, no. THIS is Bashing:

http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t1473-why-john-smith-sucks

FUCK JOHN SMITH! Akira Okuzaki

What the girls are doing is stating their opinion on the current status of Mako. The series just reached double digits as mentioned on my post, give it some time. Mako will make up for it, I know he will. But for now, it's hard to shed some positive light on the guy. Think of it this way, I thought Rei Ayanami sucked for having ZERO personality and while that is still true, what I learned later on about her character in Evangelion, made her a lot more appealing and fascinating.

Ergo, too early to have an overall opinion on Mako. It's best to finalize things when the series has come to an end.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

My thoughts so far on LOK: It's about to go down!
I can't wait for the finale.
Hope the romance dosen't ruin it.
Need to schedule the recording!

I think I'll rewatch the original series. Why? Cuz its that good!

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4572
Armitage GUTS!!! : 617

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Just to make things interesting...

The LOK opening scene.

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Kat on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Kat's Feels Concerning the Season Finale of The Legend of Korra

Spoiler:

SERIOUSLY?! SERIOUSLY.

What the shitting hell was up with Korra unlocking her airbending because Mako instead of THREE CHILDREN AND HER FATHER FIGURE being at risk?! All the others in line as well?!

And about that Avatar state. I’m really angry about it since; Aang had to work so hard for it, and had to conquer numerous tasks, while Korra gets it handed to her because she merely got her airbending. Didn’t Katara say that she was cut off from her three other elements, spiritually? Not only that but Korra has never been a spiritually-connected Avatar- she’s always been bang and smash (not saying that’s bad though).

I hate, HATE, how she got her bending back so soon. She and Asami would’ve been able to have more positive interaction if Korra hadn’t gotten it back; Asami could’ve taught Korra how to fight without bending, how to cope and survive without it, and Korra would’ve been able to feel just how it is to be a non-bender. How it is for non-benders to be harassed and feel overpowered by benders- just like at the start of the season when a gang of benders are threatening a non-bender to “pay-up” for being in their territory or else they’d smash his shop.

Asami and Korra NEED more interaction. Mako, who is the joint between them, is both their love interest (gag), and with little positive interaction, it could lead to something disastrous. Asami won’t ever betray the Krew, we know that (she is so freaking loyal skjfgldhflsdk I love her okay), but that doesn’t smother the fact that tensions could rise.

ALSO MAKO PLEASE JUST END IT WITH ASAMI. YOU ARE HURTING HER, AND I DON’T CARE IF YOU THINK KEEPING A RELATION WITH HER WILL KEEP THINGS OKAY BECAUSE IT WON’T.

You confessed your love to Korra while STILL in a relationship with her, and then proceeded to suck face with Korra.

I don’t care if they’re just “kids” “teenagers” whatever, that isn’t right. And just because Mako is a boy DOES NOT GIVE HIM AN EXCUSE.

“Oh but Asami didn’t see!”

So? SO?! Asami is being STRUNG ALONG for this stupid love triangle so that there’s a suitable drama-llama level. And it’s not only Mako’s fault, but also Korra’s. Korra has a sense of right and wrong, and kissing another girl’s man and returning the profession to love is just… BLAH. Returning the confession, sure, but sucking face with him without Asami there…? Just… gah. Korra and Mako are both mature in that sense, and it just makes my stomach churn to see the romance between them while Asami is left in the dirt, worrying about her relationship with Mako, the man she loves. I saw MaKorra being endgame from the start, but to make it this distasteful really smothers my desire to see a continuation. I WANT another season, so BAD, but the way the romance is written? What happened with Bolin’s rabu rabu for Korra? What about his hurt seeing his brother and her together?

BUT THE MOMENTS BETWEEN TARRLOK AND NOATOK OMFG. MY BABIES, BABIES FOREVER THEY’RE PRECIOUS LDJLGAHDFHALDFJ. And how Tarrlok killed them both and Noatok knowing that it would happen, ajsdhglahsdflgad. How Noatok was crying, knowing that they could never go back because of what they had done… I was legit crying. Just like the moment when Lin had her bending taken. Those parts held TRUE EMOTION. The second Lin closed her eyes and bowed her head, knowing her bending would be taken and accepting made my heart clench. The history of Tarrlok, Yakone, and Noatok was so tragic I couldn’t even. Noatok and Tarrlok loved each other, and then their father tore them apart with his want of revenge, and then both of them trying to take revenge in their own way… Amon/Noatok removing all bending and basically crowning himself King, Tarrlok ruling the city council and removing all other voices of reason so that only he would be heard… THAT IS HOW VILLAINS ARE DONE.

I’m very content with the Amon/Noatok and Tarrlok parts, their history, and everything about them. With the amount of backstory they had and the sheer, overpowering emotion put into their characters, I think that they would’ve been better main characters (even though I ADORE KORRA TO BITS). I want the writers to take a tip from Noatok/Amon, Tarrlok, hell, even Asami, and Lin(Lin had so much emotion in her character, and it’s the reason why I’m adding her)… MAKE THE MAIN CHARACTERS HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF EMOTION AND BACKSTORY, PLEASE. If there had been the same amount of effort put into making Korra, Mako, and Bolin into characters as there had been with Asami (Because face it, we know more about Asami than we do Korra/Bolin/Mako), this series would’ve shot off like a rocket and would’ve stayed in orbit for a long, looong time, instead of farting in the atmosphere for a while and then drifting back down rapidly(for me, anyway).

Just one or two more things I’m displeased with. Korra has been getting saved by Mako for the past few episodes now; what happened to our Miss Independent (as Kelly Clarkson so kindly put it)? She took out a whole team of dirty fighters in the Pro-Bending Championships, and quite a few Equalists on her own the same night. She largely ignored her feelings for Mako because she knew becoming infatuated with a team-member was a bad, BAD idea for the Finals (but it happened anyways with that kiss… ._.’).

And, AND. Mako going with Korra instead of Asami. I really wish it had been Asami who had gone with Korra, even though it would’ve been tougher for them to take down Amon/Noatok. But it also would’ve shown that Korra has more support than just Mako as a friend/team-mate. It would’ve shown that Korra cares about more people than just Mako. Remember, she unlocked airbending because she saw Mako was in danger of having his bending taken- a friend, someone she loved and cared about. It wasn’t all that surprising really, sure it was a slight shock that suddenly her fists were throwing out air, but she loooooves Mako so much bububububu (vomits). If it had been Asami instead, we would’ve seen that Korra actually sees her as a friend, someone she loves, and treasures as someone she has close to her heart, not just as Mako’s Girlfriend. Hell, even if it were Bolin or Iroh instead, it would have been more intriguing, because it would show that Korra cares about everyone, not just Mako. It’s something that is done in a lot of series, especially with a Female Protagonist. Largely, and sadly, the Female lead will only unlock her full potential when her Love Interest is under attack, while with a Male lead, he will go insane over anyone being hurt.

An Example; Naruto. I love the series, and the characters are all very well done.

Naruto will get LIVID if anyone innocent is being attacked. He went insane when Gaara had the Tanuki Youkai sucked out of him, and went ballistic when Hinata was presumed dead. Both were just friends in his eyes, maybe a little more than that for Hinata.

With Korra, she only goes all whack when her love interest is under threat. Something that irks me.

All in all, I love the series, but at the same time, I hate how the main characters (other than Asami) are written. They seem very flat, other than the odd display of emotion. I have a feeling I’ve been talking myself in a circle, so I’ll stop here, before this turns into a million-page rant. ^-^;

Cheshire Kat
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 822
Armitage GUTS!!! : 219

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 pm

I kind of agree with you, Kat.

What they did with Bolin was disgusting!
Where's his love interest?

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4572
Armitage GUTS!!! : 617

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:00 pm

I just finished watching the finale, and I've got mixed feelings about it. Overall it was a decent end for the series, but what really irked me was Korra going into avatar state. I just don't understand why that would happen at that point in time, surely it would have been better if they left that for the next series and at least let the idea of Korra being unable to bend (except air) sink in a bit? They could have done a lot with it :/

And also, the avatar state itself...I mean, I remember thinking that Aang was freaking awesome when in the avatar state, but with Korra...it just didn't have that feel to it, I was a bit disappointed.

As for the romance? Bah...it annoyed me too. But, Kat pretty much covered everything I would say about it.

IlliterateKoi

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top