Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:06 am

Yuma's Hit List [My-Otome Zwei]


The alien threat known as Yuma arrived on Planet Earl, taking out some of the biggest names in the Mai-Otome universe. This video goes over all of it's victims, including:

Miyu Greer
Shizuru Viola
Miss Maria Graceburt
Haruka Armitage
Juliet Nao Zhang

From Mai-Otome Zwei Episodes:

"The Dream Continues"
"Yume no☆Tsuzuki" (ユメノ☆ツヅキ)

"Premonition of a Storm"
"A-ra-shi no Yokan" (ア·ラ·シの予感)

"The Striped Dance/Labyrinth of the Maiden"
"Shima no Mai/Otome no Meikyū" (縞の舞/乙女の迷宮)

"Connecting Dreams"
"Tsunagaru Yume" (つながるゆめ)

---

I have mixed feelings about Zwei's exclusive enemy. I love the introduction with Arika destroying the meteor, unaware of the powerful force that just entered Earl's atmosphere. I love that it puts up a great fight against Garderobe's finest, in addition to taking them out one by one, leaving Arika Yumemiya to save the day with a returning-from-retirement Nina Wang.

However, the latter kind of works against it. ^^; I know it's a whole different topic entirely, but I can't stress how bad of a move it was to eliminate Miss Maria. Shizuru Viola I could understand...I know right? Coming from a ShizNat mark!? We only get one ShizNat moment and that's fine as the storyline doesn't call for their presence. In fact, everyone taken out by Yuma serves to make Yuma look strong so the dynamic duo of Arika and Nina (reunited once again) can take it down.

I uploaded the hit list video to promote and build up Yuma before uploading the complete Zwei fights on our YouTube channel.

Discuss, rant, whatever! Just don't pull a Sunrise and take my hot baba away from me. Miss Maria


Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Magus Phantalus on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:15 am

So when you say one shiznat moment your talking about Zwei right? I haven't watched zwei I am going to change that later today after I get some sleep but I was wondering if there was any shiznat in it.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:So when you say one shiznat moment your talking about Zwei right? I haven't watched zwei I am going to change that later today after I get some sleep but I was wondering if there was any shiznat in it.

Correct and sorry for dropping that little spoiler onto you. X'D Hope you enjoy Mai-Otome Zwei anyway, there are so many memorable moments contained in just four OVAs. Especially this little number...

The Fanservice scene [Mai-Otome Zwei Ep. 3] DUBBED



Oops, I did it again! XD Watch it again later...yup...definitely watch it later.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Magus Phantalus on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:53 pm

So just finished watching Zwei and thought it was pretty awesome. Wish there was more shiznat but eh what're you goning to do, the scene's with Yukino and haruka where pretty nice and gotta say it despite my self... Tomoe looked pretty hot...

Also is it Yuna or Yuma cause it came up as Yuna on the sub?

Anyway I wish there was more information about her and I really liked the threat she posed I just wished the final battle against her was longer and involved more of the original Childs. But Kagatsuchi and Hades Mashiro where nice touches.

Also I think it might be related to the Obsidian Lord but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.... IDEA for some DRAWINGSSS!!! I say in a sing song voice...

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Tomoe looked pretty hot...



I'll say. Shizuru Fujino

Magus Phantalus wrote:Also is it Yuna or Yuma cause it came up as Yuna on the sub?

Just did a double check on various subtitle versions of the episode. Yuna is it. @_@ I'll be fixing that here and the video shortly.

Magus Phantalus wrote:Anyway I wish there was more information about her and I really liked the threat she posed I just wished the final battle against her was longer and involved more of the original Childs. But Kagatsuchi and Hades Mashiro where nice touches.

Same here as it's technically the final battle in the entire Mai-Series anime, so you'd think Sunrise would pull out all the stops. More CHiLDs in the battle would of been truly something! I'd like to see Duran and Kiyohime again, thank you very much. ;p

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:46 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I know it's a whole different topic entirely, but I can't stress how bad of a move it was to eliminate Miss Maria.

A bad move? In what sense, Luu-sama? Please enlighten me!


On my part, I'll pretty much assume that Yuna did eliminate Miss Maria mainly because she IS a strong Otome. It is also because she is one of the meisters that the predecessor (a.k.a. Fumi) has the strongest (besides Shizuru and Natsuki combined).

Looking at the list:
Miyu Greer
Shizuru Viola
Miss Maria Graceburt
Haruka Armitage
Juliet Nao Zhang

I could clearly see that Yuna really wanted to eliminate all strong ones (who're Miss Maria and Shizuru) with the exceptions of:

MIYU, who confronted her to defend the whole continent and prevent her from attaining her goal;

Haruka Armitage, because she faced her and Yuna was forced to eliminate her;

and Juliet Nao Zhang, who entered the place to check mysterious things and almost disturbed the eventual awakening of Kagutsuchi.

--
Then again, these are assumptions.

The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Posts : 1738
Bubuzuke points : 2561
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 20
Location : Upstate Sass City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:06 pm

The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:A bad move? In what sense, Luu-sama? Please enlighten me!

A bad move because Zwei was the perfect opportunity to show what Miss Maria can do against a stronger villain than Harmonium Nina (this can be debated btw. Yuna is strong, but I think Harmonium Nina was capable of planetary destruction. Thankfully Arika stabbed her with the Sword of Akatsuki in time). Maria could of played a major role in Zwei, but I forgive Sunrise for taking her our early as it was done to make Yuna look strong. ^^; Sorry Sunrise, but eliminating Miyu AND Shizuru? I was already convinced by then! lol!

The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:On my part, I'll pretty much assume that Yuna did eliminate Miss Maria mainly because she IS a strong Otome. It is also because she is one of the meisters that the predecessor (a.k.a. Fumi) has the strongest (besides Shizuru and Natsuki combined).

Hmm, Shizuru and Natsuki combined? o_o Granted they are great as a team yes, however they had trouble beating the Aswald, whereas Maria would rape the Aswald, Midori included, within 30 seconds. Actually it'd be the equivalent of Lena Sayers vs. The Columns all over again.


The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:MIYU, who confronted her to defend the whole continent and prevent her from attaining her goal;

Haruka Armitage, because she faced her and Yuna was forced to eliminate her;

and Juliet Nao Zhang, who entered the place to check mysterious things and almost disturbed the eventual awakening of Kagutsuchi.

--
Then again, these are assumptions.

Juliet Nao Zhang is another victim that puzzled me. I know she just happened to stumble across Yuna, along with Nina, but what made her such a threat? Juliet isn't weak, but she isn't the strongest either. Maybe Yuna recognized her promotion to Column. XD

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:04 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Juliet Nao Zhang is another victim that puzzled me. I know she just happened to stumble across Yuna, along with Nina, but what made her such a threat? Juliet isn't weak, but she isn't the strongest either. Maybe Yuna recognized her promotion to Column. XD

If Juliet was eliminated by Yuna because she IS a Column, then Yuna would probably had eliminated all Columns instead of leaving three Columns, isn't it? I mean, Yuna could've eliminated Sara instead of Yukino (who was her main target then shifted to Haruka) in Aries Republic and searched for Maya in Cardair already but she took out Juliet. It means to say that she came to the ancient ruins (a.k.a. the remnants of the Fuuka Academy) to protect something, right?

The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Posts : 1738
Bubuzuke points : 2561
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 20
Location : Upstate Sass City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 pm

The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:If Juliet was eliminated by Yuna because she IS a Column, then Yuna would probably had eliminated all Columns instead of leaving three Columns, isn't it? I mean, Yuna could've eliminated Sara instead of Yukino (who was her main target then shifted to Haruka) in Aries Republic and searched for Maya in Cardair already but she took out Juliet. It means to say that she came to the ancient ruins (a.k.a. the remnants of the Fuuka Academy) to protect something, right?

Precisely, it seemed like Yuna kept a close eye on the Fuuka Academy ruins and set to attack any trespassers. Whether Juliet Nao Zhang was an intentional target or not, Yuna was going to eliminate anyone standing in her way, including Nina. Yuna herself (itself?) didn't battle Mahya or Sara directly, rather send Super SLAVES after them.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by The Fire Stirring Ruby on Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Precisely, it seemed like Yuna kept a close eye on the Fuuka Academy ruins and set to attack any trespassers. Whether Juliet Nao Zhang was an intentional target or not, Yuna was going to eliminate anyone standing in her way, including Nina. Yuna herself (itself?) didn't battle Mahya or Sara directly, rather send Super SLAVES after them.

One vital point that I figured out long ago was that Yuna was targeting familiar faces from the far-flung past generation (a.k.a. Mai-HiME) but she only recognized few, namely Shizuru, MIYU (who really came from that past), Juliet Nao, Yukino, Mashiro and not to mention, Arika. They all came from Fuuka Academy. Whether this was intended or not, Yuna did not battle out Mai, Natsuki or anybody else because... of no reason? A very puzzling part for Yuna, I think.

But thinking why did Yuna copied Nina's Ultimate Black Diamond super robe has always confused me. I was thinking like, maybe because Nina was Arika's closest friend at that time. After copying Arika's Blue Sky robe, she went searching for anybody else and went to her targets.

The Fire Stirring Ruby
Ramen Noodles Specialist
Ramen Noodles Specialist

Posts : 1738
Bubuzuke points : 2561
Armitage GUTS!!! : 746
Join date : 2010-12-19
Age : 20
Location : Upstate Sass City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:28 am

The Fire Stirring Ruby wrote:One vital point that I figured out long ago was that Yuna was targeting familiar faces from the far-flung past generation (a.k.a. Mai-HiME) but she only recognized few, namely Shizuru, MIYU (who really came from that past), Juliet Nao, Yukino, Mashiro and not to mention, Arika. They all came from Fuuka Academy. Whether this was intended or not, Yuna did not battle out Mai, Natsuki or anybody else because... of no reason? A very puzzling part for Yuna, I think.

But thinking why did Yuna copied Nina's Ultimate Black Diamond super robe has always confused me. I was thinking like, maybe because Nina was Arika's closest friend at that time. After copying Arika's Blue Sky robe, she went searching for anybody else and went to her targets.

*shakes head* I'd like to believe the theory that Yuna was hunting down past generations of HiME it recognized. It doesn't seem to be the case as Mai is the most essential target to go after because she destroyed the Obsidian Lord in the year 2004 AD, yet Yuna chose not to battle her directly.

Could it be possible that Nina's Harmonium powers (as the Ultimate Black Diamond) drew Yuna to the planet Earl? The destruction of the meteor was a set up from the beginning to set Yuna free?

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Chaglette on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:17 pm

I just wanna say something not related to ze discusssion between Luuluu and Ruby. Don't mind me :D

In the anime, Yuna is colourblind if I remember correctly but she was able to see Yukino's GEM (in the ring) and Arika's gold hair in colour. I'm not so sure about the details though.

The spoilers contain stuff from the manga version of Zwei.
Spoiler:
Also, in the manga version of Zwei, they said that Yuna was a weapon developed for destruction and seeks only to evolve into the ultimate creature and destroy stuff. It might be the same for anime Yuna. Then again, the storyline is a little different, with Nina remaining robeless, Yuna's ability to clone Otomes, its need to merge with Mashiro (not Manshiro ;D) and not to mention how Arika stripped Mashiro while she was busy being a queen.

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Posts : 3689
Bubuzuke points : 5006
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293
Join date : 2010-12-19
Location : In the living room.

View user profile http://aloofndistant.blogspot.sg/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Alien Threat known as Yuna [Mai-Otome Zwei]

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:08 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum