Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

In-Depth Mai HiME Character Discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In-Depth Mai HiME Character Discussion

Post by hildebrant on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:03 am

MidnightPersona wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
hildebrant wrote:You know I really don't want to get into another long drawn out Yuuichi bashing thread, its even gotten to the point where even I'm tired of defending his actions over and over again but I've also made peace with the fact that some people will hate him no matter what or for what he did and there are some people that will defend his actions.

Now I seem to remember in the original topic that MSN writes certain characters in her fanfics. I kind of dislike how you tease Yuuichi in them but there have been far worse ways for him to be written as I could write a novel on how he's been portrayed in fanfiction but I'm not getting into that so thank you for at least being nice to Yuuichi MSN.

In my fics if anyone's interested. They're primarily Yuuichi centric and I either focus on him falling into a depression and wanting nothing to do with the cast or when I can get over such things I write stuff about him and Mai. <I apologize if I'm not on topic and I will accept if this reply is modded>

I'm sorry if you feel if there is Tate-bashing going on in this thread, hildebrant, but I can assure you that it is not (at least, not on my part). I do admit that I will probably never come to understand (and therefore, like) certain actions of his... but I do not hate him at all. I have actually learned a great deal from you, Sergay, and MSN regarding his character. I agree with MSN when she said that no one is flawless and Tate's flaw make him more realistic and relate-able. I can overlook all the other actions as I can somewhat understand them from MSN's explanations (I do read the In Defense of Tate Yuuichi thread, and contrary to popular belief, my psycho-analysis of him was not meant to be a bashing thread also. -_-; ). However, to me, the part of his character where he lead Shiho on was unforgiveable... and this is not because of Tate himself, but because of attribute in a person is what I do not like. I don't like people who lead other people on. ^-^;

I hope I am making sense. It is late, and I am trying to finish writing Shiho's analysis before bed. >.>;

Its fine. Like I said I've made peace with him being both hated and loved and I understand you were only trying to analyze his character in your last thread and I'm glad you learned somethings about him through me and the others. The reason I get touchy about Yuuichi is because Misandry is a touchy subject for me and I hate seeing it and all forms of discrimination, and in the HiME fandom I see alot of Misandry at times. Mostly from fangirls or fanboys who have no problem ripping into the male cast so its something that gets under my skin. However I'm also trying to get over it and put it behind me. So I'm sorry if any wires got crossed in my previous posts

But assuming we're all bashing Tate (which is what *i* got from your words) is a BIT extreme. Like Dye, I cannot forgive his leading on of Shiho. He does things I do not like, but so do a lot of characters. Hell, Haruka and me don't quite get along on some fronts, but her actions I can see in me or my past and I can understand, doesn't mean I agree with her or Yukino all the time, but accepting the character as flawed and being able to discuss it without rage. Mayhaps? xD

And yes, Dye, you are a translator apparently. Teach me your ways, sensei. *bows*

You're right. I'll stop popping in anytime you guys start talking about Yuuichi. Its bad enough that I'm referring to myself as a "stop having fun guy" so you can rest anytime you bring up Yuuichi and him making a mistake on leading Mai and Shiho on.

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 am

ookamidesu: You make perfect sense. =] I think you’re right.

(For the purpose of also trying to achieve clarity:) I have a strong feeling I’ll have a lot of trouble analyzing characters while thinking of them as real people though, because I have to see the person as a sort of “test subject” or else I can’t analyze their motives and actions objectively. I think the parts of my brain that control empathy are ridiculously active, because I’ve never been able to remain unemotional and objective when it comes to anybody. Weird example: I couldn’t watch the “Crack Baby Basketball” episode of South Park because it made my heart and my stomach hurt to think about the poor babies born with addictions in the world.

I’m not sure yet what I’m going to do about this for the purpose of this discussion.

hildebrant: I'm sorry if my making Yuuichi seem like a goofball upset you. =/ It's just my weird way of expressing that I really like a character. In a lot of my fanfics, Natsuki (my favorite anime character of all-time) is either a goofball or a complete idiot, and she's always ridiculously awkward. (If that helps you to feel any better.)

I’m interested to read your fanfiction. I think you’d have a deeper understanding of Yuuichi than I would, being as how you can relate to him more than I can.

No problem. You don't have to leave, but if you think the thread will just upset you, I can totally understand. There's a reason why I haven't mentioned any of my Natsuki analyses in this thread. =P

Thread: This may be weird, but I can sort of see Yuuichi and Natsuki as similar. Both aren’t really sure of what they want; both have the potential to grow emotionally and (I think that) in the show, they do; and both are pretty dense when it comes to love. I think that they both are also pretty chill and loyal people.

I can forgive Yuuichi's leading on of Shiho, because if I couldn't, I couldn't forgive myself for, in a way, "leading on" my ex (She was actually a total psycho. She hurt and manipulated me really badly, but I'm really loyal, so it took a really long time for me to break up with her.). To me, Yuuichi seems like a very loyal person, who isn't perfect so he doesn't always know what he wants and how to handle situations in the best way (he's human, and to stack more odds against him: he's a teenager). I see Yuuichi's leading of of Shiho as him wanting to be nice to Shiho and not hurt Shiho's feelings (even if that means tolerating her "Onii-chan! Onii-chan!"-ness) because he realizes that Shiho was the one who helped him out of his depression after his knee injury (when everybody else left Yuuichi alone, Shiho stuck with him and helped him out of his shell).
With this being said, I think it may be easier to forgive characters in which we share traits with, and harder to forgive characters who have traits similar to those of people who have hurt us. (I could never forgive somebody who is genuinely manipulative. That’s something that strikes a nerve with me.) This is something I just a hypothesis based solely on myself and things I’ve noticed with me personally. I’m not saying this is true for everybody or even anybody else. Just putting it out there for consideration, whether it be proved or disproved.

MidnightPersona: Ah, yes. Awesome description of the scene! =] My favorite part (which comes after that scene) is one of the scenes in your sig, where Yukino tackle-hugs Haruka. =]

I agree with you and ookamidesu on not focusing on plot-progression. I noticed I’ve contradicted myself in posts as this conversation has gone along, but I think it’s a good thing, because I interpret it as a sign that I’ve been able to learn from everybody. =]

No problem. This thread does seem to take a lot of thought and time.

Last edited by MissSoccerNinja on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:51 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:ookamidesu: You make perfect sense. =] I think you’re right.

(For the purpose of also trying to achieve clarity:) I have a strong feeling I’ll have a lot of trouble analyzing characters while thinking of them as real people though, because I have to see the person as a sort of “test subject” or else I can’t analyze their motives and actions objectively. I think the parts of my brain that control empathy are ridiculously active, because I’ve never been able to remain unemotional and objective when it comes to anybody. Weird example: I couldn’t watch the “Crack Baby Basketball” episode of South Park because it made my heart and my stomach hurt to think about the poor babies born with addictions in the world.

I’m not sure yet what I’m going to do about this for the purpose of this discussion.

hildebrant: I'm sorry if my making Yuuichi seem like a goofball upset you. =/ It's just my weird way of expressing that I really like a character. In a lot of my fanfics, Natsuki (my favorite anime character of all-time) is either a goofball or a complete idiot, and she's always ridiculously awkward. (If that helps you to feel any better.)

I’m interested to read your fanfiction. I think you’d have a deeper understanding of Yuuichi than I would, being as how you can relate to him more than I can.

Thread: This may be weird, but I can sort of see Yuuichi and Natsuki as similar. Both aren’t really sure of what they want; both have the potential to grow emotionally and (I think that) in the show, they do; and both are pretty dense when it comes to love. I think that they both are also pretty chill and loyal people.

I can forgive Yuuichi's leading on of Shiho, because if I couldn't, I couldn't forgive myself for, in a way, "leading on" my ex (She was actually a total psycho. She hurt and manipulated me really badly, but I'm really loyal, so it took a really long time for me to break up with her.). To me, Yuuichi seems like a very loyal person, who isn't perfect so he doesn't always know what he wants and how to handle situations in the best way (he's human, and to stack more odds against him: he's a teenager). I see Yuuichi's leading of of Shiho as him wanting to be nice to Shiho and not hurt Shiho's feelings (even if that means tolerating her "Onii-chan! Onii-chan!"-ness) because he realizes that Shiho was the one who helped him out of his depression after his knee injury (when everybody else left Yuuichi alone, Shiho stuck with him and helped him out of his shell).
With this being said, I think it may be easier to forgive characters in which we share traits with, and harder to forgive characters who have traits similar to those of people who have hurt us. (I could never forgive somebody who is genuinely manipulative. That’s something that strikes a nerve with me.) This is something I just a hypothesis based solely on myself and things I’ve noticed with me personally. I’m not saying this is true for everybody or even anybody else. Just putting it out there for consideration, whether it be proved or disproved.

MidnightPersona: Ah, yes. Awesome description of the scene! =] My favorite part (which comes after that scene) is one of the scenes in your sig, where Yukino tackle-hugs Haruka. =]

I agree with you and ookamidesu on not focusing on plot-progression. I noticed I’ve contradicted myself in posts as this conversation has gone along, but I think it’s a good thing, because I interpret it as a sign that I’ve been able to learn from everybody. =]

No problem. This thread does seem to take a lot of thought and time.

Yeah this thread can take alot to figure out at times. I'm flattered you'd want to look into my stories MSN. You ca find them @ http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12289/Hildebrant dunno when I'll be getting back to them and to warn you in advance alot of my fics of Yuuichi were written out of anger thanks to the fandom that was and still is inhabiting ff.net so I may not have actually gotten Yuuichi just right anyways, and another story of mine on there is more revenge fantasy than anything else where I merge the world of Mai HiME with that of the dark fantasy manga Berserk, my favorite series. Like I said the fandom really got to me back in the day so read at your own risk. Once again I applaud you for defending Yuuichi and I'll try not to let the way you depict Yuuichi get to me. The last thing I'd want to do is manipulate you into writing Yuuichi as I see him so continue doing your own thing and to anyone else reading this I apologize for coming down on you thanks to my own beliefs and views

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:40 am

hildebrant wrote:
Yeah this thread can take alot to figure out at times. I'm flattered you'd want to look into my stories MSN. You ca find them @ http://www.fanfiction.net/u/12289/Hildebrant dunno when I'll be getting back to them and to warn you in advance alot of my fics of Yuuichi were written out of anger thanks to the fandom that was and still is inhabiting ff.net so I may not have actually gotten Yuuichi just right anyways, and another story of mine on there is more revenge fantasy than anything else where I merge the world of Mai HiME with that of the dark fantasy manga Berserk, my favorite series. Like I said the fandom really got to me back in the day so read at your own risk. Once again I applaud you for defending Yuuichi and I'll try not to let the way you depict Yuuichi get to me. The last thing I'd want to do is manipulate you into writing Yuuichi as I see him so continue doing your own thing and to anyone else reading this I apologize for coming down on you thanks to my own beliefs and views

*Here's an edit to my last post (sorry it took so long to post) (addressed to you)
No problem. You don't have to leave, but if you think the thread will just upset you, I can totally understand. There's a reason why I haven't mentioned any of my Natsuki analyses in this thread. =P*

No problem. =] Don't worry, I think fanfiction should be enjoyable for the writer as well as for the reader. I also think that writing inspired by the muse of emotion can be really great writing. =] I'm sorry the fandom upset you... =/ Like Luu and she-ga-roo said about Shiznat fans in another thread, there is an army of Shiznat fan allies. I think that there is also an army of Yuuichi fan allies too. Instead of nejis, we (The Yuuichi fan army) will be armed with...bamboo swords! =] *tries to use a bamboo sword but ends up looking like an idiot* Me: "Darn it! Oh, Yuuichi-kami, god of kendo, lend me your power so that I may-" *gets cut off by Natsuki* Natsuki Kuga Natsuki: "Stop acting like an idiot and get back on topic!" Me: "Yes'm..."

Don't worry about manipulating me. You can't rape the willling. =P I blame Kampfer Abridged for the previously said joke. XD You can't manipulate the willing. I'm happy to read your fanfiction. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:22 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:What else could Yuuichi have done? And what would the effect (of that action) be on the situation? (His death caused Mai and Shiho to stop fighting. But is there another way that could have been accomplished?)

More imporantly, his action would also have to accomplish the plot point of Mai defeating Shiho. Shiho (and everybody else but Mai) has to be defeated in order for the plot to progress. Aristotle did say in The Poetics that plot is the most important element (of theatre, which I believe includes anime, tv shows, etc.). Could Shiho have been defeated without Yuuichi dying?

If Yuuichi were to just apologise, and everything was A-OK between everybody...where would the action, the drama be? It seems anti-climactic to me.

(Sorry that I'm just responding to something like this now. I hate having to read a lot but I finally buckled down and started with this thread.)

I'll say this now so there's no misinterpretation: I don't hate Tate. I don't like him, but I don't hate him. I'm indifferent about him. He's a human that has no extra abilities and had this been about super-powered boys, he has the role that the female love interest plays. It's all just reversed. -shrugs-

But the fate is that Tate could have explained and apologized before. True, Tate might still have been Shiho's MIP, but then she'd know that he wasn't interested. She might have still grown jealous, but the fact is that he could have explained everything.

Mai still would have beat her because, let's face is, Kagu is basically a Power-Play Child. The ending result would have been the same, but at least he wouldn't have lead her on. These are my thoughts on this part of the discussion.

I also didn’t see his death as running away. I don’t really remember that scene well, as it’s been a while since I watched the anime, but I don’t remember thinking that when I saw his scene. Sorry I can’t explain it better. XD;

ookamidesu wrote: I guess what I'm trying to get across is, when analyzing a character, pretend they are a real person in real life -- forget that their life story was made as entertainment for those eternally bored and in need of something to do -- and look the actions they do as actions they did because they are them... and not because something needs to happen for something else to happen. Pretend there is no plot, pretend it's real life... and we have no idea how everything will play out.

Plot is important in that it allows us to see how each person reacts in a situation... but that's as far as it goes. We are interested in the reaction... not the outcome of the reaction. Because when you look at a character as a character, and not a puppet in a story... well, yeah.

I like this train of thought. It helps explain how one can look at two characters with similar circumstances, Nao and Mai, and have two completely different views on them. I like Mai for how she handled the situation; I don't like Nao for how she handled it. (Yes, I realize I still haven't made a thread about Nao. That takes analysis of her character though and I just don't like sitting through Nao's scenes. x_X) In the very simplest form, this is why I don’t like Nao, her very character/personality and how that lead her to handle things.

---

I had some mini-responses to other little things people have posted here and there, but they’d just be random things with no significance to a discussion. XD

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1203
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:58 am

SpiralDasher wrote: I don't like Nao for how she handled it. (Yes, I realize I still haven't made a thread about Nao. That takes analysis of her character though and I just don't like sitting through Nao's scenes. x_X) In the very simplest form, this is why I don’t like Nao, her very character/personality and how that lead her to handle things

*waves* I can help you with that if you're willing to assist, Dash. Like you, I don't fancy Nao Yuuki's character or the decisions she made very much, but am willing to spend a lot of time analyzing the little jezebel honestly; with your opinion mixed in as a co-production. :) PM me if you're interested, I'm going to work on the thread during my spare time.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote: I don't like Nao for how she handled it. (Yes, I realize I still haven't made a thread about Nao. That takes analysis of her character though and I just don't like sitting through Nao's scenes. x_X) In the very simplest form, this is why I don’t like Nao, her very character/personality and how that lead her to handle things

*waves* I can help you with that if you're willing to assist, Dash. Like you, I don't fancy Nao Yuuki's character or the decisions she made very much, but am willing to spend a lot of time analyzing the little jezebel honestly; with your opinion mixed in as a co-production. :) PM me if you're interested, I'm going to work on the thread during my spare time.

I take it that means I should hold off on a psycho-analysis of our favorite redhead tease?

And Luu, I have finally gotten around to the Shiho analysis:
http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t1207-dye-s-psycho-analysis-of-shiho-munakata

Sorry it took so long. ^-^;

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8908
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1349

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BubuzukeOnna on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:29 pm

I have a question or two for Haruka fans (HiME-verse anime version) -

1. Is Haruka wealthy (it seemed implied), and if so, do we know what her family does?
2. What does Haruka's sense of justice stem from?

In the manga, it's mentioned that she wants to protect the school because her father was involved in its construction. Construction doesn't seem to account for the house in the anime. If I were going to postulate based on Haruka's highly developed moral compass, I would imagine that one or both of her parents would be involved in something like Military...something that would have afforded some wealth and prestige, but also something where she would have observed a more enthusiastic adherence to rules, discipline, and hard work not commonly attributed to the wealthy otherwise. lol

Thoughts?

@Hildebrant I understand your pain. While not in this particular fandom, I've been on the unpopular opinion side of other fandoms. Try stanning Cersei Lannister, Catlyn Tully, or Sansa Stark in the Game of Thrones fandom. Or Paul von Oberstein in the LOGH fandom hehe.

It's a shame the HiME fandom isn't as big as the Game of Thrones fandom, because at least there's like 20 people out of the tens of thousands of fans that I've found online. Which makes it possible to form a nice little phalanx against the rest.

BubuzukeOnna
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

BubuzukeOnna wrote:I have a question or two for Haruka fans (HiME-verse anime version) -

1. Is Haruka wealthy (it seemed implied), and if so, do we know what her family does?

In the manga, it's mentioned that she wants to protect the school because her father was involved in its construction. Construction doesn't seem to account for the house in the anime. If I were going to postulate based on Haruka's highly developed moral compass, I would imagine that one or both of her parents would be involved in something like Military...something that would have afforded some wealth and prestige, but also something where she would have observed a more enthusiastic adherence to rules, discipline, and hard work not commonly attributed to the wealthy otherwise. lol

Thoughts?

My first thought: Fuck. The. Manga. xD Ignore it. It does not work for the anime.

1.) Haruka's dad DOES work construction. His company rebuilds the school in both, yes, but 5 do not think Yukino is also wealthy in that front.

2.) Honestly, some people are born with it. Haruka (like me) is one of those people whom when she sees something unjust she'll go and try to change that with a fiery, passionate, rage. She has a fighting spirit, and has a strong sense of right and wrong, but it's hard for her to accept when something needs to change but when she does she goes all out. I know of a fanfic that can explain her well. She's such a deep character and tends to be brushed off for comedic relief. Tis sad.

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4284
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:28 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:
BubuzukeOnna wrote:I have a question or two for Haruka fans (HiME-verse anime version) -

Thoughts?

My first thought: Fuck. The. Manga. xD Ignore it. It does not work for the anime.

1.) Haruka's dad DOES work construction. His company rebuilds the school in both, yes, but 5 do not think Yukino is also wealthy in that front.

2.) Honestly, some people are born with it. Haruka (like me) is one of those people whom when she sees something unjust she'll go and try to change that with a fiery, passionate, rage. She has a fighting spirit, and has a strong sense of right and wrong, but it's hard for her to accept when something needs to change but when she does she goes all out. I know of a fanfic that can explain her well. She's such a deep character and tends to be brushed off for comedic relief. Tis sad.

Both of you made great points!

From my current impression of Haruka, I definitely think Haruka could do well in the military... O.O I feel really bad for her subordinates...they'd be in for a tough ride, but the end result (of becoming very disciplined and good soldiers) would be worth it.

Kind of like my junior year English teacher in high school. Everybody hated her (my teacher) and though she was mean, and even I did at the beginning of the class. She gave a ton of work and was very strict to her rules, no breaking the rules, and no exceptions for anybody. (I, the perfect student, once had a brain-freeze and forgot to write down and turn in an assignment. In spite of my flawless past record, I still recieved a zero on the assignment. Rules were rules. I was so angry.) The class was close to hell, in workload and frustration at the strict rules, but at the end of the semester, I could write a damn good research paper. I got a 98% on my final, school-wide (graded sort of like a standardized test, but just within the school), junior year research paper (while other people in other, easier classes, failed).
In addition, my junior year I had some fairly bad health problems and missed a lot of school. My teacher also had similar health problems that year and missed some school. In spite of "rules are rules" my teacher gave me a break on some of the assignments I had missed. I was very surprised when she did this (and very grateful!). I realized that she is very strict, but she's also human and she is kind. She's just very tough and misunderstood by most people. I think her toughness helps her students learn. I know I learned a lot.

I think the paragraph about my teacher relates to my interpretaion of Haruka a little, and why some people may misunderstand her.

Sorry if the above paragraphs didn't make much sense... sweatdrop

I do tend to use Haruka for comedy...but then again I'm a Natsuki-centric, humor/romance writer who doesn't yet know nearly as much as I want to about Haruka. But I fully intend to learn much, much more about her character.

I think Haruka could possibly be so commonly used for comedy because she puts herself out there so much (like in the fanfic you sent me, Yukino's description of Haruka having transparent eyes. It's just the kind of person she is (I think at this moment).). I think that's a very admirable quality. As somebody who is very guarded and quiet (like Natsuki and Shizuru), I respect and envy Haruka in that sense. But that same, admirable and positive quality (including the admirable firey, passionate rage), also opens Haruka up to comedic situations (such as misusing words, or jumping to conclusions when it comes to matters of justice and safety of the school).

Are any of those possibilities plausible? Completely absurd? In the middle? So crazy that you were wondering if I was on crack when I wrote them? =P =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BubuzukeOnna on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:06 pm

@Midnight Thank you for your insights, as usual. :)

@Ninja

I'm asking for very similar reasons as yourself (I've used Lone Wolf's FAQ sheet for Natsuki quite often, similarly).

In the few places where I've written Haruka, it's been small bits of humor - like a very short one shot for a challenge community.

Now, I've been treacherously whisked into an alternate dimension where I (a thus far faithful ShizNat author) am contemplating the foreign delicacy of ShizuHaru/HaruZuke.

Given their ability to maintain a very explosive and interesting friendship in Otome, I think the two could have an equally explosive and interesting relationship under the right circumstances in the HiME universe.

Now no one will want to help me with the development of a very solid view of Haruka as a person, huh? Damn.

From what I can tell, I don't think it sounds as if the possibilities you spoke of were implausible. But again, I'm not yet a Haruka expert, so don't listen to me.

BubuzukeOnna
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm

I admit I've used Haruka for comedy, but in my bigger fics, she has bigger roles than that. Shizuru's friend that grounds her or in a supernatural fic of mine, she's the Demon Lord (a huge role), responsible for keeping order in the realm while ruling with an iron fist. In a naval fic of mine, she's the Commodore. It's hard to explain, but I think she fits a leading role perfectly.

People disregard her intelligence. She's my third favorite character. XD

Just don't ask me about Haruka/Shizuru. Tried it; didn't like it.

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Yes, Haruka is wealthy. The episode where everybody goes to the beach (and Mikoto catches the giant fish which is eaten at the party), the party is held at Haruka's mansion, and everybody stays at Haruka's mansion.
Haruka's wealth is "new money" as opposed to Shizuru's "old money" (I'm reminded of The Great Gatsby when I say those terms...That was a great book!). In the Episode 12 (of My-Hime) extra (Yukino's extra), Yukino says "You (Haruka) weren't rich back then (in kindergarden) like you are now...You used to come over to my house (while your parents were at work)..."
I don't know what type of business her family is in (I want to say construction, but I'm pretty sure that idea might have came from a fanfic).

Another note: You (BubuzukeOnna) were the one that wrote the fanfic I referenced (about how Shizuru didn't rape Natsuki during the Carnival)? That's awesome! =] Sorry for not citing you... I had forgotten the author's name (I usually don't remember any usernames of authors, I just really like the fanfics...thinking about that now, not remembering things is not a very smart idea on my part...), but I remembered really liking the fanfic, and thought it made a good point, so I wasn't thinking about citation at the time...I'm sorry... sweatdrop

Thread: Sorry I can't respond to more things, I just had to get the Haruka thing out of the way while it's fresh in my mind...I have to go back to doing school work (in my Chemistry and math classes, I'm like Natsuki in the "Natsuki is to Stupid for School" Youtube video, by...damn it, I don't remember the creator's name, but the video was awesome), and procrastinating on doing school work by watching My-Hime... sweatdrop

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BubuzukeOnna on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:57 pm

@MSN

You don't need to cite me! I'm actually just very flattered that you'd remember anything about them, and I was totally surprised when you referenced it xD

Thanks for answering about Haruka- I completely forgot about the omake so thanks for bringing up that Yukino line!

Good luck with your school work :)

BubuzukeOnna
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Has anyone done a character analysis on Fumi or Yukakriko? Maybe I missed it but I yet to see those analysis done yet.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:09 am

Fumi: "lol, who?"

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:58 am

GAP wrote:Has anyone done a character analysis on Fumi or Yukakriko? Maybe I missed it but I yet to see those analysis done yet.

Fumi's will be difficult for me personally. I could do one for Yukariko, seeing how I understand the woman completely and have the honor of being in minority when I say she's one of the better HiME in terms of character and relevance. :)

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top