Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

How and when did you first discover Mai HiME/Otome?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How and when did you first discover Mai HiME/Otome?

Post by zaisuro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am

Imma huge Yuki Kajiura fan and I usually like whatever show or game she makes music for. So when I stumbled onto My-Hime I figured if anything at least the music would be good. Watched it the first time when I was 15 yrs old and looked up to and related to some of the characters. Found some rather attractive for animated characters I suppose. Now that I'm 23, the story and the action is still good, but physically speaking they look more like kids to me :/

zaisuro
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 45
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

zaisuro wrote:Imma huge Yuki Kajiura fan and I usually like whatever show or game she makes music for. So when I stumbled onto My-Hime I figured if anything at least the music would be good. Watched it the first time when I was 15 yrs old and looked up to and related to some of the characters. Found some rather attractive for animated characters I suppose. Now that I'm 23, the story and the action is still good, but physically speaking they look more like kids to me :/

Well, they are kids. *looks at Natsuki* Very attractive kids...

You're right about one thing, almost anything Yuki Kajiura touches with her soundtrack is golden. One of the greatest composers of all time. Mai-HiME/Otome and Noir showcase her talents best.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zaisuro on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Ah yes, but that's what Otome was for, to make the original Hime girls and boys totally legal :)

zaisuro
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 45
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm

zaisuro wrote:

Ah yes, but that's what Otome was for, to make the original Hime girls and boys totally legal :)

True! :) Although I have no shame in bedding Tomoe Marguerite. Arika? No. Nina? No. Mashiro? HELL NO. But Tomoe? Yes. I'll gladly go to jail after I've had my fun with the little psycho.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Whirlwind Rose Quarts on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Whirlwind Rose Quarts wrote:From Naruto I like InoSaku and KonaSaku, even TayuAnko. But I stopped watching Naruto a while ago and just pay attention to fanfiction. :)

Smart of you, Windy. I can't sit through Naruto for the life of me. Unless Tsunade (or any of the females for that matter) get more than 5 minutes of screen time that doesn't involve a battle, I get bored quickly.

I don't watch Naruto anymore, but my mom does. My attention span is only long enough to annoy people and ignore them at the same time. I couldn't even sit still while watching Naruto Shippuden. Mainly all I liked about Naruto were the opening theme songs I listened to them so much that I used to know them word for word.

Whirlwind Rose Quarts
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 171
Armitage GUTS!!! : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Whirlwind Rose Quarts wrote:
I don't watch Naruto anymore, but my mom does. My attention span is only long enough to annoy people and ignore them at the same time. I couldn't even sit still while watching Naruto Shippuden. Mainly all I liked about Naruto were the opening theme songs I listened to them so much that I used to know them word for word.

How old is your mom? O_o;

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazemon15 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:38 am

How I got into My-Hime? Well, my friend watched it when it first aired in Japan via fansubs and loved it very much.

A few years later, when we were at Best Buy, he saw the complete collection on the shelf and instantly bought it. I was curious so I watched it with him.

Needless to say, I kinda threatened him when the tragic stuff started, saying "THIS BETTER HAVE A HAPPY ENDING, YOU...!" ....yeah.

At the end of the series, I just loved it...and it pisses me off when other people say "it sucks because they were suddenly revived/it would have been better if they had stayed dead." No, it wouldn't have been better. If they stayed dead, then all the pain and suffering would be meaningless. It just basically means, "no matter what you do, it will fail, so why bother trying?" I liked the message of if you try everything in your power, it will reward you somehow. Eh, sorry for the rant.

I just love the characters, the comedy, the music, the drama and angst.

The only thing that prevents me from giving Mai Hime a complete 10/10 is the story was never expanded upon...we never knew who Nagi or Mashiro really were, where the Obsidian prince came from, where did they go, why was the festival started in the first place, ect. For that, I give it a 9/10 for everything else it did right.

I liked the dub version of it a lot. For some reason, I can't really watch it in Japanese, plus Mikoto's voice in the dub is just so much cuter than her Japanese voice (sorry sub fans D=)

So..yeah. lol

Kazemon15
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 35
Armitage GUTS!!! : 14

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/Kazemon15AMVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:00 pm

*laughs* Threatening your friend isn't very nice. Shizuru Fujino

Like you, the unexplained events and organizations prevent me from giving Mai-HiME a perfect score. Same goes for Mai-Otome with all the important events that were only mentioned; never shown to us. The story of Mai-HiME technically begins with the first ever Carnival and the birth of the Obsidian Lord, ending with Mai Tokiha defeating him once and for all.

All is forgiven when I remember that Sunrise could easily expand on the series mythology any time they want. Even add to it, once all the unexplained shit is explained. There's boundless possibilities to our franchise, why stop now?

Only Sunrise can answer that question.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:27 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top