Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Kigo A Haven yea [Disney's Kim Possible]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kigo A Haven yea [Disney's Kim Possible]

Post by MissSoccerNinja on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:40 am

I loved Rinacat! I loved her Teen Titans artwork (I used to be a really big fan of Teen Titans, especially Raven), but Rinacat’s Kigo fanart is classic. =]

Along with the points that ookamidesu made earlier, I think that Kigo is plausible and works for quite a few reasons:

In the show, Kim and Shego are constantly flirting while fighting. (Which has already been said, but here’s my take on it.) Shego even has nicknames for Kim (Such as Pumpkin and Princess). Even when I was innocent (then again, the 6 year old me also innocently assumed that the reason why Brock from Pokemon couldn’t get a date with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny was because they (Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny) were already dating each other), I thought that the nicknames were a little suspicious (indicative of what, I wasn’t sure. I just knew that they meant something).

Also, both women have a passion for fighting, and both are intense, strong and smart. They’re on the same level, in mentality as well as in status (if that makes any sense).
In addition to that, if anybody could make Shego listen to reason (which may be good for her sometimes) it'd be Kim (Kim seems like the only one Shego could consider as an equal). I really can't see anybody else convincing Shego of anything.
On the subject of equals, it seems like it’d be boring to be with somebody who you don’t consider to be an equal (and it could also hurt the pride of one of the members of the relationship sometimes. This can be really bad. The thought that just popped into my head was Lynette and Tom Scavo from Desperate Housewives, who (Spoilers!) just recently agreed to separate).

Also, like with many of my favorite parings (Shiznat ShizNat being one of them), Kim and Shego are opposites, but similar in all the right ways. They can complete each other, filling in just the right gaps in each other’s personalities, and balancing each other out.

A great fanfic that my girlfriend recently recommended to me is “Tangled Up in Green” by Poetheather1 . It’s long but awesome. =] Be warned though, it’s rated M.

The fanfic that caused me to love Kigo (after Rinacat’s fanart had sparked my love for it), is “a few new tricks” by immo (warning, it’s also rated M). That’s a classic Kigo fic for me. Its storyline is so unique and captivating…thinking about it, it may be one of the best fanfics I’ve ever read (of any series) (it’s definitely the most memorable. Even now, 5 years after having finished it, I’m geeking out from just remembering the cool storyline). I’ll have to read it again myself (after I finish "Tangled Up in Green" of course)! =] It also has a sequel called “The Twelve” (also by immo).

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kigo A Haven yea

Post by Magus Phantalus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:35 am

Hear ye hear ye! Tis The Magus here to spread the word of kigo the femslashilicous pairing of Kim Possible and Shego. In a valiant attempt to revive interest in the pairing since the show has ended I have set out upon this most noble of quests to convert as many as possible(no pun intended) over to The Way of The Kigo.

Open your hearts to what you know to be true and I the Divine Magus of kigo shall lead you into the light that is brilliant fanfiction, beautiful art, and amusing webcomics of one of the best femslash pairings of all time.

Join us brothers and sisters. Join us in the light where we stand standing.
Join us as we carry the duty of duties to spread kigo.
And should you already be a kigo fan know that... that is pretty awesome and stuff.

The thread name is a reference to final fantasy 13 and the bit just above this is a play off of the Grey Warden oath from Dragon Age.

But seriously any kigo shippers in here or any that would be interested in kigo?

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 am

Haha, love the intro. :) I'm stealing it.

I'm glad you mentioned KiGO as I just moved an old KiGO thread to this section of the forum from off-topic. I won't merge them together as yours is overall KiGO support, while mine was just meant to be a simple question. You'll see. :)

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 am

The funny thing is I've only seen like one episode of Kim Possible thought it was hilarious by the way. It was Rinacat's art that got me into the pairing.

But what kept me was without a doubt the crown jewel of kigo fanfiction Alone Together, just thinking about that superbly written piece of art that shows just how well a fanfic can be brings a tear to my eye. Actually reading the fic can have me crying in a matter of moments I kid you not. It is quite the emotional ride. The fanfic even has its own page on tvtropes!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/AloneTogether

Another steller kigo work is the webcomic by nana-51 called Anything's Possible. Not only is the comic funny with blatant bits of kigo romance and humor but you really see nana's art evolve through out the comic.

Anyway I'll post more stuff and info later and goddess willing I'll have my first kigo art done by the end of the week.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Coolness, thanks for the info. Truth be told, I'm not the biggest KiGO expert as I never took the time to watch the series properly. I do enjoy the fanarts, so if you and any other Kim Possible fan can provide ones I haven't seen, that would be awesome.

Like I mentioned on the other KiGO thread, the main reason my attention was stolen away from Kim Possible is because of Totally Spies. Remember THAT fetish show? :3

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:59 am

Bloody hell I wanted to finish my kigo drawing by the end of this week but I can't seem to get Kim's eyes juuuust right. I wanna try out a bunch of diffrent styles to see what one works best for me but at this rate I'll never even finish my first piece... some divine Magus of kigo I am...

Anywhoo yes I do remember Totally Spies and yes I am quite shocked at how fetishy that show was not that I was complaining(ahem) lots of femslash potential with that one anyway....

Hopefully soon I'll be able to finish my kigo drawings yay for being on a huge kigo bender!

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Haha, that's perfectly understandable. I'm no artist;, though if I were in your shoes, trying out different styles would be essential to making the drawing look semi-perfect.

Oh no complaints here, Totally Spies had a lot of my personal fetishes in there. It felt like I was being exploited by the French. ^_^

Nice, best of luck with your art! btw I decided to combine both Kigo threads together. I will retain the title of yours though. ^_^

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 pm

http://phantalus.deviantart.com/art/Kigo-Got-Caught-288769216

I did it I bloody did it it's finally done!!!!!! I kinda like how Shego came out and my Kim is growing on me. Most times Shego is depicted as the dominate one. Probably cause she's both the bad girl and older but personally I'm diggin makin Kim the instigator in the relationship. My kigo bender also shows no sign of abating... not that I'm complaining. Heh that kinda rhymes.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:I loved Rinacat! I loved her Teen Titans artwork (I used to be a really big fan of Teen Titans, especially Raven), but Rinacat’s Kigo fanart is classic. =]

The fanfic that caused me to love Kigo (after Rinacat’s fanart had sparked my love for it), is “a few new tricks” by immo (warning, it’s also rated M). That’s a classic Kigo fic for me. Its storyline is so unique and captivating…thinking about it, it may be one of the best fanfics I’ve ever read (of any series) (it’s definitely the most memorable. Even now, 5 years after having finished it, I’m geeking out from just remembering the cool storyline). I’ll have to read it again myself (after I finish "Tangled Up in Green" of course)! =] It also has a sequel called “The Twelve” (also by immo).

Reading this post brought back so many memories! <3

I used to be a massive Teen Titans fan, or more specifically a Raven fan (I used to post fanfiction for the fandom too...though I was 13 and they are shockingly bad when I look back at them haha) TT was my first obsession X3

I also used to be a huge KiGo fan, and 'A few new Tricks' is my all time favourite fanfic, from any fandom, I just love it. Another one of my favourites is 'Alone, Together' by Failte200, which I first read while in the middle of moving house and I remember having to stay up all night to finish my packing because I kept getting distracted by the fic Razz

Ahh, Rina-cat :3 I also liked HazuraSinner's work too :) They both have quite cute styles, which isn't usually something I go for, but these were the exceptions <3 YogurthFrost is another artist I used to follow as well.

Ah, nostalgia~ X3

This has just reminded me though... I wonder what happened to the KP fanfics I wrote :scratch:

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:I loved Rinacat! I loved her Teen Titans artwork (I used to be a really big fan of Teen Titans, especially Raven), but Rinacat’s Kigo fanart is classic. =]

Reading this post brought back so many memories! <3

I used to be a massive Teen Titans fan, or more specifically a Raven fan (I used to post fanfiction for the fandom too...though I was 13 and they are shockingly bad when I look back at them haha) TT was my first obsession X3

I also used to be a huge KiGo fan, and 'A few new Tricks' is my all time favourite fanfic, from any fandom, I just love it. Another one of my favourites is 'Alone, Together' by Failte200, which I first read while in the middle of moving house and I remember having to stay up all night to finish my packing because I kept getting distracted by the fic Razz

Ahh, Rina-cat :3 I also liked HazuraSinner's work too :) They both have quite cute styles, which isn't usually something I go for, but these were the exceptions <3 YogurthFrost is another artist I used to follow as well.

Ah, nostalgia~ X3

This has just reminded me though... I wonder what happened to the KP fanfics I wrote :scratch:

You have good tastes in art and literature! Shizuru Fujino

Hmm....maybe Shego stole them for her favorite Kigo fic collection? She is a villain after all, so she could steal cool Kigo fanfics and keep them to herself. ;P =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2