Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saeko Kuga: Worthy entry to the series or "just there?"

49% 49% 
[ 17 ]
29% 29% 
[ 10 ]
6% 6% 
[ 2 ]
16% 16% 
[ 6 ]
 
Total Votes : 35

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:That's right Luu.
Unfortunately Saeko-mama messed up with the wrong people...

Yes she did. On the more lighter side, at least her character had a purpose. Okay, more along the lines of a plot device in the anime version of Mai-HiME, but her presence drove Natsuki Kuga to what she is today. :3 At least, the lone wolf side of her.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah, Thanks to Saeko-mama, Sunrise created a hell of a bad-ass female character in her ranks.
I wonder how Natsuki would have turned out if it wasn't thanks to Saeko-mama's noble sacrifice....

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Yeah, Thanks to Saeko-mama, Sunrise created a hell of a bad-ass female character in her ranks.
I wonder how Natsuki would have turned out if it wasn't thanks to Saeko-mama's noble sacrifice....

In terms of the anime? Natsuki would of been a happy go lucky uke with ZERO tough exterior. Remember in Madoka, how Homura Akemi was before everything went to Hell for her? That would be Natsuki. A exaggerated uke compared to what we see now and that's a scary thought. >_<

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Natsuki-chan on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Can I ask something, though. If Natsuki's mom Saeko isn't her first MIP, then why did Duran disappear for quite a while (after Natsuki knowing her own mother betrayed her)? And reappear when Natsuki decided to acknowledge Shizuru as her (new) MIP?

Debatable, but please do enlighten me because this seems to be another plot hole in the series.

Though I'd like to believe Duran's dramatic increase in size is due to Natsuki's realization of her feelings towards a certain kaichou, from simple friendship to a promising love.


Natsuki-chan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Posts : 71
Bubuzuke points : 108
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Krystal of Nol on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Natsuki-chan wrote:Can I ask something, though. If Natsuki's mom Saeko isn't her first MIP, then why did Duran disappear for quite a while (after Natsuki knowing her own mother betrayed her)? And reappear when Natsuki decided to acknowledge Shizuru as her (new) MIP?

Debatable, but please do enlighten me because this seems to be another plot hole in the series.

Though I'd like to believe Duran's dramatic increase in size is due to Natsuki's realization of her feelings towards a certain kaichou, from simple friendship to a promising love.


Sunrise is full of plot holes.

I'm with you there, especially if we take in account that Natsuki met with Duran when she already had met Shizuru.

_________________


Want to be part of the Challenge? Pick your number here: The List  ShizNat

Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Posts : 1211
Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737
Join date : 2010-05-17
Age : 29
Location : In front a computer watching/reading ShizNat

View user profile http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by shezaei-neko on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Maybe she was just confused?
And she entered in a state of shock and couldn't focus quite well.
But then she had this epiphany regarding her feeling, so Duran manifested itself in that new and remastered size. :]

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Natsuki-chan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:
Sunrise is full of plot holes.

I'm with you there, especially if we take in account that Natsuki met with Duran when she already had met Shizuru.

Yes, Natsuki met Duran after she started trusting her new friend Shizuru. This is explained in Natsuki's Prelude. Plot hole, I guess.

Natsuki-chan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Posts : 71
Bubuzuke points : 108
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Sunrise is indeed full of plot holes and continuation : P Sunrise said that Shizuru met Natsuki during her third year of middle school, but Shizuru was wearing a high school uniform, so alas, Shizuru was only a freshman whereas Natsuki was in second year of middle school. Ah the good ol days :'3

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Posts : 9116
Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 26
Location : Purgatory

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 am

Nymphetamine wrote:Sunrise is indeed full of plot holes and continuation : P Sunrise said that Shizuru met Natsuki during her third year of middle school, but Shizuru was wearing a high school uniform, so alas, Shizuru was only a freshman whereas Natsuki was in second year of middle school. Ah the good ol days :'3

Have you even read Natsuki no Prelude? ;3 Maybe we should consider that the "Expanded Universe" canon of Mai-HiME. o.o

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by PostoronnimV on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 am

I voted for 'She was important in the anime. Natsuki's motivation, duh!'... Self-explanatory vote=)
And in order not to repeat myself, my personal opinion about Saeko I have already expressed in this thread: http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t1582-what-kind-of-person-was-saeko-kuga

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Natsuki would of been a happy go lucky uke with ZERO tough exterior. Remember in Madoka, how Homura Akemi was before everything went to Hell for her? That would be Natsuki. A exaggerated uke compared to what we see now and that's a scary thought. >_<
Omg... such a horrific image these words put into my head! *shudders*
If Natsuki would have been uke, I certainly would not have been able to fall in love with Natsuki's character... Cuz for me it's one of the main charms of ShizNat, that they are not stereotypical... I like the fact, that Natsuki(and Shizuru, too) can not be clearly defined as dominant (seme) type or as submissive (uke) type. They can be both uke/seme =)

PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 241
Bubuzuke points : 366
Armitage GUTS!!! : 119
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Russia

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:Omg... such a horrific image these words put into my head! *shudders*
If Natsuki would have been uke, I certainly would not have been able to fall in love with Natsuki's character... Cuz for me it's one of the main charms of ShizNat, that they are not stereotypical... I like the fact, that Natsuki(and Shizuru, too) can not be clearly defined as dominant (seme) type or as submissive (uke) type. They can be both uke/seme =)

*laughs* I couldn't imagine Natsuki in any other way. She is everything that defies inner strength, willing to do whatever it takes to bring an end to injustice done to her. Aside from not murdering anyone, Natsuki and Shizuru are alike in this case, probably why Natsuki was able to understand Shizuru in the long run. Vengeance can affect any man or woman, we're only human after all. Shizuru and Natsuki both have strength and weaknesses peppered all over Mai-HiME. In a way, they've been dating before making things official! Think about it:

Natsuki is upset about something (HiME or First District related),Shizuru is the first one to reach out to her.

Shizuru is upset about the damage she caused everyone, especially Natsuki. Natsuki is the first one to reach out to her.

PostoronnimV is right, they're always there for one another. When it's time to fill that dominant or submissive role, both are equally prepared for it. Just imagine what they're like in bed! Shizuru Fujino

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:39 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum