Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime

Post by Kyubey Mittens on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 am

Anyone read the manga or watch the anime by Brain Base? I think it's a fantastic series in many way, the characters are hilarious and it's interesting that character base especially for the beginning focus on otaku in general. Not just the manga/anime otaku, but the other obsessive nerds in Japan! I'm also in love with art, the contrast with their normal otaku selves and then after images are fun.

Examples from the anime of the art

Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 am

Kyubey Mittens wrote:Anyone read the manga or watch the anime by Brain Base? I think it's a fantastic series in many way, the characters are hilarious and it's interesting that character base especially for the beginning focus on otaku in general. Not just the manga/anime otaku, but the other obsessive nerds in Japan! I'm also in love with art, the contrast with their normal otaku selves and then after images are fun.

Examples from the anime of the art

I absolutely love Kuragehime! I uploaded the theme song to my spare YT account a while back:

Legendary Anime Music XXXII: Kuragehime - Koko Dane no Hanashi

At the time I finished what was available of the series and I say this because it plans to continue. Never read the manga, but I'd really like to. It's a cute little series so far, really making dorks like me seem "normal". ;P

Kuranosuke is my favorite character, hands down. He is one of very few characters like Nuriko of Fushigi Yuugi fame and Fisheye of Sailor Moon fame, who have the strongest chance of turning me gay. He is flamboyant with attitude personified. His relationship with Tsukimi is fun to watch because he reminds me of myself. I make an excellent girl (I'm a good actor, which is both a good and bad thing lol), and always end up falling for the outcast girl. ^^; Because you know, sometimes I tire of one way conversations with "the beautiful people". :)

The art of Kuragehime is beautiful; very different from everything else I've been watching at the time (recent hits on Crunchyroll to be precise). Ack! The makeovers of the quote on quote "Otaku" made me laugh so much. The outside world is a strange alien planet to them! That's how I acted in my early grade school years before I sold out and became a tad more outgoing. ;_;

Kudos for the plug on this series, Juke! I recommend it to everyone as well.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by frzn on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:58 am

I loved watching Princess Jellyfish :)

Will the anime be continued? That would be cool.

frzn
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 73
Armitage GUTS!!! : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens on Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:49 am

It had an anime original ending, but we might be able to get another season.

Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top