Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Do you have a type?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you have a type?

Post by ookamidesu on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:39 pm

So I was just wondering, after submitting a response to the Mai HiME thread about which character I might be most compatible with... and it got me thinking: types.

Do you have a type? If so, what is it?

As for me, I find myself attracted to the girls who are open-minded and willing to try new stuff. Someone who isn't complicated, or try to make things complicated. Someone who is very straight-forward and blunt. Usually, they are tomboy. And really, most of the girls I've dated are blondes. Don't ask me why. XD

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you have a type?

Post by Amaya on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Tall, long hair, if possible black but dark brown would also be okay, pale skin, tattoos, slender, nice lips and nice eyebrows ( yes it's one of the first things I check),intelligent, complicated, hard to get and bad girl.

So yeah, that would be ideal.

Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

View user profile http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm odd in my preferences. The three girls I dated were all very different. in some ways, the only similarities between all were brunette Caucasians. And even then the last one wasn't her natural brunette hair, but dyed a diff color.

I'll just go through it in a list~

Preferences in...:

Race: Caucasian, Asian.
Reason: African-American, Hispanic, and whatever else doesn't interest me really. Just can't seem to get into it.

Eye color: Blue, Green, Brown (especially brown), and really I'm not picky here. xD
Reason: When I look in the eyes I look for more than their color. Eyes are the window to the soul~

Body Frame: Thin, athletic framed, but I don't mind a bigger girl as long as she's able to hike/walk/run etc.
Reason: I've always been a bit shallow when it comes to this, but I don't oppose to dating a girl as long as she can do things I like and takes care of herself.

Religion: Pagan, Wicca, Agnostic, Atheist, Buddist, Shinto
Reason: I tend not to date Christians or anything of the like due to the fact it would conflict so greatly with my own beliefs we'd just be asking for trouble. In friendships this doesn't matter, but in a relationship one of us would have to give--and it wouldn't be me.

The big one: PERSONALITY!

I like a girl I can hold up a conversation with, one who doesn't look at me like I'm crazy even when I do say odd things. Especially since everyone has their own view on life/beliefs I'd need a girl open to the possibility of ghosts, energy, etc.

Also, an open-minded girl is good, especially if the relationship is long distance. Long-distance especially my poly side shows because damn, humans have needs and if you're away from a sig other you're less likely to go nuts if you can play around a bit. Maybe that's just me? But I can deal with mono-relationships too.

A girl who likes nature is awesome as well! But I hate the cold, so as long as they can deal with me whining due to my limbs freezing up if they decide a winter-getaway is somehow a good idea then yeah. xD I love caves, hiking, etc. :3

Also, I love a good challenge, but I've been learning girls who are a challenge tend to be a pain/drive me up a wall. A nice, somewhat crazy, but in general a girl who's got her shit together or at least is on her way to having it together would be a wonderful change.

As a side note, it's be nice dating a lesbian for once. Bi girls haven't been too lucky. xD

I feel like I'm putting in a dating app O.o

Do I put too much thought in this? xD

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4284
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:01 pm

The ideal person for me would be someone who is strong, gentle and has a shy side. Someone who doesn't care about material possessions or the outside beauty, but with love itself. An intelligent person and somehow lovely. Religion doesn't matter, unless he/she forces me to do something totally against my will (also remembering that I am not an atheist). Ya, someone who likes music and nature, that respect other sexual options (well, I get very nervous when someone criticize homosexuality or bisexuality), and someone who likes to write/read.

Trying to make you guys know me better, of course. I don’t know how I managed to post certain things ... It’s a victory for me... I’m a very, very shy person.

Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:38 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:

Not at all. No such thing as too much thought.

*looks are MP's list*

[x] Ethnicity: Asian
[x] Eye Color: Brown
[ ] Body type: Athletic frame
[x] Religion: Atheist
[x] Personality: Open-minded, likes nature, somewhat crazy
[x] Orientation: Lesbian

I seem to fit pretty well. Razz

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm a straight single guy and I do have standards. But after being single for a good majority of my life, I'm not that picky anymore.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 am

Woah...never knew this topic exist.

The ideal person for me would be someone who's understanding, kind, funny, and easy to talk to about different subjects. Open minded would be good too, so that we can do arguments about stuff without actually ending up arguing with each other >>. A quirky person who has hobbies that I can relate to, and not overlysensitive that I have to watch what I talk about around them...that's totally a big no.

I really don't like the clingy type, so that person has to know how to keep their distance from me. And possessiveness that would mean texting every freaking 10 minutes would make me want to kick them till kingdom comes.

Overall, I'm not too picky, but mostly the people I've dated are asians. And I swing both ways so the criteria above applies to both...wait, for girls I prefer the girly types (since I'm a tomboy)...while guys...well, manly? xDD

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 am

depression76 wrote:Woah...never knew this topic exist.

Cuz it didn't till yesterday. ;D

ookamidesu wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:

Not at all. No such thing as too much thought.

*looks are MP's list*

[x] Ethnicity: Asian
[x] Eye Color: Brown
[ ] Body type: Athletic frame
[x] Religion: Atheist
[x] Personality: Open-minded, likes nature, somewhat crazy
[x] Orientation: Lesbian

I seem to fit pretty well. Razz

Didn't expect that. xD Woo~

In reply to Zhang's:

[x]Open minded
[x]Willing to try new things
[]Isn't complicated/try to make things complicated.
[x]Straight-forward and blunt
[1/2]Tomboy
[x]Blonde

Sadly, I tend to find my life pretty complex. xD But I don't TRY for it to be, but it happens.

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4284
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:39 am

Oh man. Like Raven, Caucasian and Asian women are my main focus if I wanted to get picky. My type overall doesn't differ that much from what Deppy said:

The ideal person for me would be someone who's understanding, kind, funny, and easy to talk to about different subjects. Open minded would be good too, so that we can do arguments about stuff without actually ending up arguing with each other >>. A quirky person who has hobbies that I can relate to, and not overlysensitive that I have to watch what I talk about around them...that's totally a big no.

I really don't like the clingy type, so that person has to know how to keep their distance from me. And possessiveness that would mean texting every freaking 10 minutes would make me want to kick them till kingdom comes.

Overall, I'm not too picky, but mostly the people I've dated are asians. And I swing both ways so the criteria above applies to both...wait, for girls I prefer the girly types (since I'm a tomboy)...while guys...well, manly? xDD

Only I don't swing both ways. ;p She really hit the nail on the overly-sensitive part, since that reminds me of why my recent relationship failed. You can't expect to date me and expect everyday to be sunshine and rainbows. And vice versa. A woman who is willing to speak up when something's wrong, so we can talk it out like mature adults and find the best solution, is essential. I also find that dating online girls is a no no for me now. I think dating the loner, the outcast, the "odd ball" was a mistake. I found dating the outgoing local female who has a lot going for her in life, is my calling card. Always has been. Why I settled for less and longer distance, I'll never know. So yeah, local girls and anyone I meet directly in person who shares a strong connection with me will have my undivided attention and respect.

On the subject of looks, again, I can be picky. I was raised in New Jersey, so all you had was black and latina Mikoto. ^^; I didn't date a white girl until I was in college. It would be nice to date an Asian woman though, that's part of my "things to do before I become green sparkles" list. XD I have Asian girls as friends (your very own moderator ookamidesu is an example), but they're usually taken or gay. XD Seriously though? Just be a kind, understanding and open minded girl and sky's the limit, you'll be treated like a queen. :) Just make sure the King gets his fair share.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Number 1 trait? Sense of humour. Able to laugh at something silly she did or said, can take a playful joke, and just a general all-around good personality ^^

Second, intelligence. Not 'snob intelligence'. But to at least be able to chat for a while without the conversation feeling forced ^^

Those are really the two big preferences for me~

If I wanted to narrow it down a tad bit more, I'd also say I generally find myself attracted to the more tomboyish type =3

And race preference? Well since most have listed there's, I guess I can too ^^

I've dated mostly Caucasian, but I'm also highly attracted to Asian (who isn't if you're an anime/manga/Japanese culture fan XD) and I've dated mixed and black as well.

So, generally a girl with a good sense of humor, funny, sweet, can hold a good convo, and generally any race type. That all works for me ^^

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1183
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 pm

I don't have a type, but I do have standards. Why do I say I don't have a type? Well, I've fallen for very different personality types. I've fallen for the serious intellect, the Christian prude, the bad boy, the gamer, and the aloof, mysterious man. All very different personality types, right? According to my current love interest, I have deduced the following:

[Appearance]
~Only important to a certain degree.
~To me, love is love, and I have no right to judge by first appearances.
~Because I have often been judged for my appearance, I don't judge anyone by it.

[Personality]
~Sense of humor.
~Must be able to RP.
~Should spend time with me without bitching.
~Cannot be a religious prude.
~Has seen me at my worst and can handle it.
~Is generally very accepting of others.
~Can learn from his mistakes.
~Must not be my male equivalent.
~Tries things that help us do more together.
~Does not smoke.
~Does not drink.
~Does not do drugs.

This is what I have deduced so far. I do not know what kind of man I am looking for. This puts a dent in my standards a bit. I mean, I don't fall for just anyone, but when I do it's hard and fast. I'm picking my current love interest since I've felt passion for him that I've felt for no one else. Until that same passion is duplicated with another human being, I will base my romantic knowledge off this man I wouldn't mind if he's the one but people my age rarely do know the person they will marry this young in their lives, so realistically speaking it's quite possible we will not end up together.

Yea. As far as my "type" goes, I'm clueless. There has to be a special criteria that all of them have (besides the obvious). I just don't know what. Nao Yuuki

Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3662
Armitage GUTS!!! : 554

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Well here goes nothing, my preferences for my type:

Hair: I usually go for Brunette but I'm not too picky on hair color, heck I'll gladly date someone with blood red hair or carrot orange hair if they're nice. My preferred style is short from bob-cut to pixy-cut, the shorter the hairstyle the better I say.

Eyes: I prefer green or blue but again with the hair thing, I never really care what their eyes are like

Ethnicity: I'll go for almost anything but I'm partial to Caucasian and Asian

Personality: They're probably going to have to be an Otaku or a geek or REALLY accepting because I have dvd's, artbooks, video games and even a few gashapon figures. The last thing I want is for her to come to my home, see my collection and then go to her friends and say, oh he's such a geek and his collection is just such an indicator of how lame he is.

They'll also have to be very open about alot of my interests in terms of what I watch because I prefer and watch alot of dark series and shows so it wouldn't be in anyone's best interest to suddenly assume I'm into devil worshiping just because I watch alot of horror movies and animes

I'd also like it if they weren't clingy and not so dependent on me and so eager to get angry when I just walk out the door, or talk to someone about the weather.

Well thats all I got

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 pm

See, hildebrant, you need someone whose accepting of your anime/manga fandom. Female fans in your position probably feel the same. You're concerned that girls who are not accepting of your fandom; will think their man parts are bigger than yours.

If you ever ventured into my domain, you'll notice nothing but women being honored on walls and shelves. And yes, I have a life size Sailor Moon cardboard stand in my media room, yet I'm testosterone personified with a big brass set. It doesn't matter WHO you are, we all have interests that others may find "weird". You have an obligation to yourself to find someone who will share those interests. Whether you seek friendship or a relationship.

Just don't beat yourself up to obtain either. It will come when you let go of everything you fear to lose.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:41 pm

bump

So, I'm pretty bored...lol and I was talkin to my best friend earlier when this topic came up. I've pretty much written down the general gist of what's my type, but more came to mind when my friend dug deeper...

So might as well put it here and bump the thread xD

Noteasingokay Akira Okuzaki

Spoiler:

- I'm unconsciously attracted to asians, east asians...tobeexact...
- Slightly mysterious type, someone that boggles my mind.
- Megane... Akira Okuzaki
- Sense of humor.

...and that's it xD

Anyway, since we have a lot of new members, I'm going to add one more question for you folks.

What type of girlfriend/boyfriend are you?
Here's a little quiz to help you, don't forget to post your result and your answers! xD

Here's my result >83

For me, I'm not really sure...but I can confidently say that I'm the loyal type ^^;; I can't be bothered to look at someone else when I'm in a relationship.

Last edited by depression76 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Dep, that link doesn't work for me, I just get the 404 error message :(

As for my type...I'm really not that fussy XD All my ex's have been drastically different in both how they look and personality. Three important things though;

- Must have a sense of humour...I will take the piss out of the person I am with almost constantly, it's one of the ways I show affection, so they have to be able to cope with that. And, I'm just not a highly serious person anyway Razz

- Can't be clingy. I like having time to myself, doing my own things and not having to tell someone what I'm doing/where I am/who I'm with all the time.

- Be open minded about things, but also have an opinion. Agreeing with everything I say is not a good thing, neither is arguing the opposite all the time, find a nice balance and I'm good XD

There are a few other bits and pieces but those are three main ones. Sadly the majority of my ex's have been incredibly clingy >.> Thankfully, as of yet, my current gf isn't too bad :3

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:Dep, that link doesn't work for me, I just get the 404 error message :(

Dx I've fixed it. Try clickin here.

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:52 am

Cheers Dep~ :3

this is you, you are 68% you
You are loving! you love to love and just want to be woth him/her! You enjoy evening dinners at your house while watching a movie. You also enjoy spending quality time with him/her, maybe at the movies or maybe just doing what him/her wants to do.
Take More Quizzes

Lol these quizzes are silly, but they are amusing XD What's with the title bit? I'm 68% me? THEN WHO IS THE OTHER 32%??? XDD

IlliterateKoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Normally I go for personality, especially in guys. Honesty, loyalty, romantic and sensitivity I look for in a guy. For physical appearance, it doesn't matter most of the time, but I do quite like to eye-candy on guys with long hair. I also like black hair and blue eyes XD

A woman can dream, ya know *sips Shizuru's tea* u_u

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Quiz results:

this is you, you are 60% you
You are the kind of person who longs for a relationship. You want someone who will stand by you through the storms and hard times. Being with them is more important than running away from them. You will hold them through to the very end and that is a true relationship, keep on being you, it will pay off in the end!
Take More Quizzes

Meh, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Anyway, types, types....
As far as it matters to me physically:
Racially, I prefer Caucasians and (east) Asians to blacks...but if the likes of Gabrielle Union or Keke Palmer came up to me, I would still be a tongue-tied, drooling idiot. My absolute favorite type is Han Chinese, but like I said, it's a preference.
Black/Dk Brown or red hair;
Brown, green or hazel eyes;
Dimples and freckles on the face are appreciated, but not a deal-maker/-breaker by any means;
And, of course, ample hips ("I like big butts and I cannot lie...").
Breasts...well, I'm not against them, but I've been around big-breasted women my whole life, so it's not a big deal for me. If they're big, I'll notice it, then move on.
Chicken legs (large torso/upper body, and thin legs) Freak Me Out (but not in a good way).

Personality-wise, I love assertiveness, but otherwise, as long as it isn't an extreme, I'm good with anything. Except...
...I'm prejudiced against Stupid people. I think they should be packed up and sent back to Dumbostan, where they belong. As the saying goes, "Open-minded, but not so open that your brains fall out." Wink

Another characteristic: she must enjoy being touched. A LOT. I'm a hugger, shoulder-squeezer, arm-tapper and did-you-catch-that nudger. Yeah, I'm "that guy." I'm not a back-slapper, but I'm very...tactile, let's say. If you're "too" immersed in something, expect to feel fingers walking from one shoulder to the other - or just a couple pokes near the back of the neck, if you're a guy.

Lucky me, I found my "One" - and except for the dimples, and being white,, she hits all of my favorites.

BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 413
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagamic on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 pm

this is you, you are 58% you
You are the kind of person who longs for a relationship. You want someone who will stand by you through the storms and hard times. Being with them is more important than running away from them. You will hold them through to the very end and that is a true relationship, keep on being you, it will pay off in the end

58% me !? XD wth

So my type, uh?

Well first of all the personality is what matters most obviosly xD I would like to have by my side an intelligent girl with her own opinion, who cares about me as much as I care about her, with a good sense of humor and who fools around sometimes XD.
Physically I'd say I prefer brown haired girls, with brown or hazel eyes... caucasian or asian. But I don't really mind of other races or other eye color... I kinda mind gingers and blonde ones xD I rather be with a brown haired, I found it sexier. I really love the athetic type :3

Yagamic
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 474
Armitage GUTS!!! : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:29 pm

this is you, you are 68% you

You are loving! you love to love and just want to be with him/her! You enjoy evening dinners at your house while watching a movie. You also enjoy spending quality time with him/her, maybe at the movies or maybe just doing what him/her wants to do.

I am a huge romantic after all XD

Kuga Natsuki

Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

My type....
Well, let's see...
Since where I live there isn't much variety, I'm certainly more attracted to Caucasicans and Asians since here could be considered quite rare.
I'd prefer if they are taller than me, I'm quite short myself so a bit taller it's better. Just a few inches would be fine.
As for hair and eye color, I like light tones.
As for personality. Well, someone who can respect my hobbies, specially anime and manga. I have a lot of stuff and I wouldn't want someone to think of me as someone immature just by collecting it. It's kind of important in my life, it's been since I was a teenager.
They have to be fun to talk with, that I can to talk with them about anything and everything. That respects my religion. I don't really care if the other person has other religion or none at all as long as they have values.
Most importantly not clingy as to knowing where I am very second.
But I do like it if the person likes to hug, kiss, hold hands, you know, that it's kinda touchy. I'm fine with that.

I don't ask for much do I?? T^T

If I had to select my ideal woman from a videogame/anime/manga I'd say: Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII. Everyone hates her but I happen to love her. I have a thing for redheads now.
Or also Sheryl Nome from Macross Frontier.
Very opposite one from the other.

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:22 am

shezaei-neko wrote:I have a thing for redheads now.

O rly? ;D

IlliterateKoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:36 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:

O rly? ;D

Really, now...doesn't Mai Tokiha everyone Arika Yumemiya have a Shiho Huit "thing" Nao Yuuki for redheads? Wink

BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 413
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

BMeph wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

O rly? ;D

Really, now...doesn't Mai Tokiha everyone Arika Yumemiya have a Shiho Huit "thing" Nao Yuuki for redheads? Wink

I'd be very happy if this were the case ;P

IlliterateKoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down