Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Fanfic/Fanart Ideas

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fanfic/Fanart Ideas

Post by ookamidesu on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Ever had this really awesome fanfic or fanart idea... and then when you decide you want to execute it, your mind draws a blank? Or perhaps, you're just lazy and you don't really have the motivation to spend hours and hours of time to create the product?

Well, here's a thread for you to just throw your ideas out there and see if other people are willing to pick it up and actually do something with that idea. Don't be a hog. If you're not going to use that idea/concept, let someone else give it a try. We are a friendly and giving family here in MM, after all. :D

Ok, so here's one that I have: Mai is a corrupted cop, working in the slums of Fuuka. Natsuki is just a college student trying to make it by on her part-time job, who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. So what happens when Natsuki gets locked up in Mai's holding cell? WHAT HAPPENS?!

Well, I'll leave that up to the author/artist. :D

Oh, one last thing. If you do take someone's idea from this thread, make sure to link them to your work. I'm sure they would appreciate it. Or post the link here, quoting whatever idea you took.

Last edited by ookamidesu on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fanfic/Fanart Ideas

Post by SulliMike23 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Here's what I have for a Mai Hime/Birdy the Mighty crossover.

Say it takes place in the middle of the series, Natsuki is out on the town one night she comes across Geega (see first episode of both the OVA and Decode) and ends up getting fatally hurt when Birdy unintentionally attacks her curtousy of Geega. So Natsuki has to share Birdy's body and follow Birdy on her cases while at the same time trying to maintain her everyday lifestyle and battles against Orphans and the Searss organization. Not to mention trying to keep what happened to her a secret from Shizuru, can you imagine how she'll react when Natsuki and Birdy tell her what happened?

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:46 am

Well, in terms of fanart, I've always wanted to see Natsuki Kuga dressed as Bayonetta. :)

As a MM Rewind, here is an example of what happens when ideas become a reality:

I wanted a Mai-HiME/Otome/Multiverse spoof of the Dishwasher: Vampire Smile game cover for the Xbox 360, so thanks to banished-shadow of dA, this was born:

You can view more of shadow's ShizNat artwork here: http://banished-shadow.deviantart.com/

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:09 am

How about this? :D

A diary of Yukariko's daily life? Confessions, Ishigami harassment, little chores, a drunk Midori harassing her, Yukino's unexpected confession, Father Greer's disappearance, Miyu scaring her, Alyssa staring at her... Who would know what happens?! XD

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 5006
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

View user profile http://aloofndistant.blogspot.sg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 am

Chie-sama wrote:How about this? :D

A diary of Yukariko's daily life? Confessions, Ishigami harassment, little chores, a drunk Midori harassing her, Yukino's unexpected confession, Father Greer's disappearance, Miyu scaring her, Alyssa staring at her... Who would know what happens?! XD

Yukariko's Daily Life would be quite a horror story. XD Out of all the HiME, she has the most spontaneous life. When you're a nun with the worst luck in the world, that tends to happen. Shizuru Fujino You should write this Chie, seriously!

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Yukariko's Daily Life would be quite a horror story. XD Out of all the HiME, she has the most spontaneous life. When you're a nun with the worst luck in the world, that tends to happen. Shizuru Fujino You should write this Chie, seriously!

I could, but I'm busy with the slow updates of one fanfic already XD Besides, I suck at roleplaying Yukariko XD

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:09 am

Chie-sama wrote:I could, but I'm busy with the slow updates of one fanfic already XD Besides, I suck at roleplaying Yukariko XD

XD I could help you with that, but I'm helping with Ruby-chan at the moment. Keep up with your Strawberry Panic! fanfic first, then we can work out something. Shizuru Fujino

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:16 am

I'm thinking of scrapping my Mai-Hime/Birdy the Mighty crossover. Can't think of any good way to start it.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:29 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:XD I could help you with that, but I'm helping with Ruby-chan at the moment. Keep up with your Strawberry Panic! fanfic first, then we can work out something. Shizuru Fujino

Great! XD I shall continue Shizuma's life story till further notice.

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:35 am

Chie-sama wrote:Great! XD I shall continue Shizuma's life story till further notice.

:3 Thatta girl. I want to know more about Shizuma, dammit! It's light novel worthy!!!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I've got a new idea that I think might work! A Mai-Hime/Otome version of NCIS, my favorite TV show! The personality of some of the Hime and Otome characters can easily match that of the characters of NCIS.

Starting with the main star of the show, Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. There's only ONE person who I think would fit Gibbs' personality, and that's of course our favorite Tsundere, Natsuki! Gibbs is a no-nonsense former Marine Sniper who is addicted to coffee, has a set of rules he tends to preach to his team, is blunt and to the point, is not exactly with the times when it comes to technology, and will stop at nothing to solve a case.

Then there's Tony DiNozzo, Gibbs' right-hand man and possible successor. Tony is a brash, young, playboy who's a huge movie buff and often makes references to movies on EVERY case. He likes to pick on probationary agents, whom he calls "probies" especially one Tim McGee. If there's one character I think would be a perfect match to Tony, it's Nao. She's got most of Tony's personality down pat and I can easily see her poking fun at "probies".

And speaking of Probies, we come to everyone's favorite Probie, McGee. He is the quintessential computer geek with a degree from MIT and is a professional hacker. He was also a boy scout and he's also a mystery novel writer. He tends to be the recieving end of most of Tony's jabs, but he knows Tony is only doing it because he likes him (not in a gay manner). For him, the only person I can think of is Yukino. She's everything like McGee, which makes her perfect for the role.

Next, we have former Mossad officer, Ziva David (pronounced Zee-vah Dah-Veed). Ziva, is a professional assassin thanks to her Mossad training who joined Gibbs' team as a Liason officer but later became a full time agent after a few certain events. She's often confused by American customs and slang and often mispronounces certain words or mis-uses terms in slang. But she is a professional killer and a very good interrogator. For her I was divided between Haruka and Akira. Haruka because of her tendency to mispronounce slang terms and Akira because she's a ninja. So I decided to go with Akira since she's more Ziva's personality.

That's all I got for now, what do you think?

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:07 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::3 Thatta girl. I want to know more about Shizuma, dammit! It's light novel worthy!!!

*O* Pure motivation explosion.

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:51 am

This idea has been floating around in my head for a long time. I don't have a title for it, but I have the basic idea down. I wouldn't post anything from this story in a near future, as I wanna finish some other things first, but this would either become a Mai-Hime fanfic, or an original story. (If it becomes an original story, I'd need to think up characters to fit the roles. -groans-)

Elves vs. Humans/Magic vs. Technology

Alright, the story takes place on an AU version of Earth, but a couple hundred or so years into the future, when technology is slightly better than it is now. Namely, people can replace their limbs with robotic versions and non-machines, and possibly even hovering vehicles.
The plot of the story is that elves have been in a comatose state all this time without people knowing. However, they were said to be awoken when "Mother Earth" was in peril. Upon waking up, the elves discover just how polluted the Earth has become thanks to the humans and how vowed to rid the problem (humans). The humans, learning about this plan, take up arms and fight back to stay alive. (At the start of this fic, the war would have already gone on for a while, with the elves winning by a large margin. They've already demolished many large cities and turned them back into green lands. The humans have formed many large, secluded groups in hopes of staying alive and undiscovered.)

I have two goals for this fic:
1. Discrimination will play a huge leading role in this story, and the path to overcoming it and seeing past differences.
2. This story will be divided into two settings, the forests where the elves are, and the cities/ruins/undergrounds where the humans are. The elven forest parts will be mainly lighthearted, centering around relationships and a generally happy setting; the humans cities, in dark contrast, will be particularly angsty, gritty or just downright sad.

"Where does the Mai Hime part come in?"
Natsuki, the main protagonist (and unknowingly half-elf (the time where she's from, they don't know about elves existing, even if there were a few powerful ones walking around in disguise)), has been sent to the future by an unknown force help both sides overcome discrimination and stop the anger and fighting before the war turns into an all-out, full-blown battle.
At points in the story, she'll be with Shizuru and the other elves, slowly developing a relationship with Shizuru (Shiznat~) and discovering more about her elven half. At other points, she'll be with the suffering humans who're doing all the can just to survive; meeting with steel-cold Otome!Midori, the leader of the encampment she stumbles upon, where Midori has the daughter (Youko) of an elf in a high position, and is questioning her for answers. (Yes, Midori/Youko is the other (but not only other!) main pairing.)

Notes:
The elves have Hime last names and the humans have Otome last names (well, as much as I can manage, anyway.)
Elves and humans have separate languages.
I will try to split up the characters in the series between the two races as evenly as I can.
Don't really have anything down for the magics the elves will use, besides calling them "magic." ^^;

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1203
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 am

You could always just replace the "c" in magic with a "k" to make it sound more unique. ;p Seriously, this is a really great layout presented before me. In terms of the first goal this story is aiming to accomplish...(warning, the obvious is going to be stated):

1. Discrimination will play a huge leading role in this story, and the path to overcoming it and seeing past differences.

"Maybe if we started looking at what's the the same, instead of what's different, then we can live in peace" type messages that should be panned out very carefully; so the payoff can feel liberating. :) Make the message of discrimination feel real rather than forced in it's readers like a bad anti-bullying or go-green advertisement.

I'm very pleased with the idea of more couples than ShizNat taking center stage; but I love ShizNat so much <3 In fact; here's a little image to inspire your idea:

Thanks to SUNRISE's art we can already confirm Natsuki IS indeed; part elf. xD

((P.S. Think you can recommend a bunch of awesome existing fics, Dash? Please talk about/add them here:

Recommend FanFiction [Mai-HiME + Mai-Otome] ))

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You could always just replace the "c" in magic with a "k" to make it sound more unique. ;p

"Maybe if we started looking at what's the the same, instead of what's different, then we can live in peace" type messages that should be panned out very carefully; so the payoff can feel liberating. :) Make the message of discrimination feel real rather than forced in it's readers like a bad anti-bullying or go-green advertisement.

Lol! Believe it or not, I actually way contemplating calling it "magiks" because it looks better (imo). I'm still on the fence.

As for showing instead of telling the discrimination, you have a point. I'll have to make sure it flows out smoothly into their actions rather than bluntly saying it with words. Thanks. =) And I for stories with extensive plots, I'm not a fan of focusing on only one pairings.

Haha!! I never noticed that in that shot! XD Now we just need Shizuru as a reindeer and we're set.

I'll try to recommend, but I don't really read Mai-Hime fanfiction that much anymore, so I'd have to dig through some old favorites.

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 am

SpiralDasher wrote:Haha!! I never noticed that in that shot! XD Now we just need Shizuru as a reindeer and we're set.

xD I think there's an image of Shizuru as a reindeer floating around out there...

SpiralDasher wrote:I'll try to recommend, but I don't really read Mai-Hime fanfiction that much anymore, so I'd have to dig through some old favorites.

Not a problem! What kind of fanfiction do you read now, Dash?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Not a problem! What kind of fanfiction do you read now, Dash?

Neither are big fandoms, but I like reading stuff from Saki (even if I don't understand mahjong ^^; ), and Princess Resurrection. <333 (I ADORE PR!!) Ha, give me an opportunity, and I'll start promoting PR like the crazy fangirl I am. >_<

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:52 am

SpiralDasher wrote:Neither are big fandoms, but I like reading stuff from Saki (even if I don't understand mahjong ^^; ), and Princess Resurrection. <333 (I ADORE PR!!) Ha, give me an opportunity, and I'll start promoting PR like the crazy fangirl I am. >_<

:) You can have your opptunity, Dash. Make a thread solely dedicated to Princess Resurrection (which I have read before, never seen the anime yet) and explain Saki to us until we understand something about it. ^_~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:28 am

A new idea just popped into my head. A Mai Hime/Highlander fusion! Imagine it, some of the Hime/Otome characters are immortals and often run into each other to try and cut off each other's heads. I'm sure at least SOME of you have seen something related to Highlander so you know what I'm talking about.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 am

I've had a number of fanart ideas, heck I've got some planned for each of the girls to be painted and one idea I've had is Yuuichi and Mai getting married, and in response to the fanart someone did of Nao as freddy Krugger, I want to do a pic of Yuuichi about to slip on Michael Myers's mask

Some fanart ideas I've had include going back to my Mai/Tate drabble fics, and one idea I've toyed around with is Tate leaving Fuuka and becoming a highly paid yet cold and calculating business executive but going back to Fuuka for his high school graduation and having a one night stand with Mai that leaves her pregnant with his child. He then takes her back with him to his penthouse apartment and has to adapt to being a boyfriend and soon to be father after living alone and shutting everyone off for ten long years

I've also wanted to try and get the HiME horror fanfic category to have more variety, it can't be about jsut vampires and werewolves, one idea I had was Midori coming back from a dig and bringing back an artifact that was once used and owned by the cult of Cthuhlu

well thats all I have so far, though I'm sure to add more

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:39 am

hildebrant wrote:jsut vampires and werewolves

Personally I've had enough of vampires and werewolves in anything. xD Hollywood just keeps recycling the idea over and over again and I don't need to see it in a Mai-HiME/Otome fic. The rest of your brainstorming can work though. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Hm... I have an idea flooding my mind for a while. I just don'T know if I will be ever able to write it down - I'm too afraid of writing it in english. MAybe it's just me, but my english-skills are quite... rusty, and sometimes I use words and phrases which just won't fit in (even if it sounds "right" in my understanding. Thinking too much german. AH well). So... the idea.

I thought about throwing the Mai HimE staff into an alternate universe - no wait. Parallel Existence sounds better. Each HimE has access to it through her dreams, they step through a portal and enter Yggdrassil, the mighty Rowantree. But depending on each HimE's skill and motivation, they land in a different part of the norse world.

For example, NAtsuki would go to Jötunheimr or Nieflheimr (most likely Nieflheimr since her element is Ice), Shizuru lands in Helheim. Mai would come to Muspellsheimr (element fire). It's all still in planning and needs a lot of research, but I think it has potential.

It would start like this... (eh, of course just a summary, don'T worry ^^; )

Natsuki suffers from insomnia and gets up, walks into the kitchen. When she opens the door, she enters a wide field, covered in snow. She is embraced by a storm, hears the howl of wolves - and a voice, talking to her in a language she doesn't understand. Natsuki continues to walk, the snow becomes heavier and it's getting harder and harder for her to move on. In the distance, she notices tall humans - frost giants, which go after her. The girl tries to escape but with each step, she loses more and more energy, sinking into the snow where she can't move further.

Suddenly... a blue glowing light next to her. Grabbing into the snow, she feels the icy touch of iron; A sword-hilt with the head of a wolf. Clutching it, she pulls it out and the blueish glow creates an illusion before her eyes. A woman, made of ice, her body covered in fur. She looks at her and calls her name, again and again...

Multiple pictures are engraved in Natsuki's mind. A chained wolf in a small village, guarded by humans, endless green landscapes, mountains covered in snow, a huge tree carrying the whole world - Yggdrassil. The girl never heard the name before, but she knows the meaning. Then - A giant snake. Crimson eyes.

Natsuki wakes up by a voice next to her. Shizuru leans over her, a worried expression on her face.

--

Yeah... wanted to know what you think about this idea! Will be hell for me to write in English, but with some help it might be possible study

Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2302
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 am

:) You have an elaborate idea for a story, Narsilia! Sounds like it could be really awesome Mai-fic! Now I don't think I can help you write it (already collabing with someone), but I'd love to beta the story for you. I think that would be best since even though you say your English-skills are bad, it's better for yourself to try, because it counts as practice. :)

When I get done beta'ing, you can read it and learn a thing or two for the future. ^_^ In return, I'll be wowed by your storytelling. It's up to you.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::) You have an elaborate idea for a story, Narsilia! Sounds like it could be really awesome Mai-fic! Now I don't think I can help you write it (already collabing with someone), but I'd love to beta the story for you. I think that would be best since even though you say your English-skills are bad, it's better for yourself to try, because it counts as practice. :)

When I get done beta'ing, you can read it and learn a thing or two for the future. ^_^ In return, I'll be wowed by your storytelling. It's up to you.

really? Oh my god, that would be great :D

I'm already collectiong ideas, locations and sketches ^^ And a beta-reader is always welcome :) always a bit insecure about using special phrases of terms, so I'll be grateful forever black cat

Valkyria Lightning

Bubuzuke points : 2302
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

Narsilia wrote:really? Oh my god, that would be great :D

I'm already collectiong ideas, locations and sketches ^^ And a beta-reader is always welcome :) always a bit insecure about using special phrases of terms, so I'll be grateful forever black cat

:) I'll take care of certain phrases and such, including spelling and word/sentence construction. You just do the best you can with the story. Remember, your posts here on the forum are quite coherent, so it's not like my beta job will be severely heavy. :) Best of luck to you, Narsi-chan~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top